Period of Performance:
November 2020 – September 2021
Maximum Level of Effort:
WALIS is a six-year task order under the Water and Development Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract in its last year of implementation. It aims to improve the capacity of regional, national, and sub-national water and sanitation organizations to implement policies, strategies, and plans that will deliver sustainable WASH services consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals. More information on the WALIS Program can be found on the USAID Global Waters Website.
The program is implemented by DAI Global, LLC, a leading international development firm tackling the toughest development challenges in the most demanding environments for many of the world’s best known bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies. The Team implementing WALIS is based in the Washington, DC area and manages work in sub-Saharan Africa.
Function of the Position
The Program Assistant will support all administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of the project, including support for management of the small grants program (50%). The position will also support gray literature research associated with the project’s technical initiatives (50%).
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, proactive, possess outstanding communication skills, and be able to problem solve on an ad hoc basis. He or she will independently trouble-shoots common problems and escalates more complex issues to technical and management leaders and follows up until resolved.*
- Provide routine administrative support to the project on an on‐going basis related to record-keeping, personnel hiring and management, and financial management.
- Maintain project files and electronic data and support the Operations Manager in any internal or external audits.
- Support the Deputy Chief of Party in gray literature research tasks to support technical activities including, but not limited to analyzing changes in WASH sector spending and policies and supporting advocacy for WASH infrastructure and financing. Support the Operations Manager in grant management as well as communications and financial management of grantees, subcontractors, and independent consultants including the tracking of advance and invoice reconciliation, submission and execution of Oracle and TAMIS related tasks. Coordinate applicable tasks with DAI’s WALIS support team.
- Support the Operations Manager with subcontract or purchase order management including, but not limited to, reviewing invoicing, following up with finance and accounting staff, and issuing modifications.
- Coordinate any travel and event logistics for staff and WALIS partners, tracking travel requests and approvals as required.
- Support project close-down tasks.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree plus one year of administrative or technical professional experience.
- Bookkeeping capabilities, including cost estimation, budgeting, and accruals.
- Demonstrated experience completing gray literature research.
- Well organized with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Basic French reading and writing skills
- Knowledge of Oracle or other financial management systems
Reporting: The WALIS Program Assistant will report to the Chief of Party.
* The candidate must be able to work remotely from his or her home or other suitable location while COVID-19 guidelines on office closures are followed to ensure the safety of its staff, partners, and client. The successful candidate will be supplied with the IT equipment needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position during remote work status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin