FUNCTION OF DEPARTMENT
The Finance function’s role is to provide a complete accounting and financial management service to enable the Board and Management to meet statutory requirements and exercise effective financial control over the Crown Agents businesses.
The Business Partner’s role is to liaise between the Business and Finance, providing specialist strategic & financial advice to help drive performance throughout the business and support improved decision making.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Reports to Finance Business Partner. The role is responsible for supporting Project Managers to manage project finances and for performing month-end project accounting tasks. As a qualified accountant you will use your accounting knowledge to improve all forms of project reporting and assist finance leadership in continuous process improvement.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Supporting Project Managers in day to day project accounting.
Ensure appropriate project accounting from inception to closure through working with Project Managers, this includes:
- Understanding and interpreting the month’s performance with insightful comment on variances
- Ensuring robust forecasting is undertaken
- Ensuring accurate and consistent journals are posted in accordance with revenue recognition policy.
- Working with Project Managers to complete project submission forms and provide commentary on variances and project risk
- Processing project submission forms in a timely and efficient manner
- Reconciling information on the project accounting system (PSA) to the Accounting system (SUN) and resolving discrepancies
- Active engagement in monthly commercial review meetings
- Meeting audit requirements.
Balance sheet reporting is consistent and accurate
Balance Sheet Reconciliations are timely, complete and signed
In addition to core responsibilities the Project Accountant is also responsible for:
Support implementation of best practice processes and continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve performance
Undertaking any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
Complying with Company Health and Safety policies and legislation in the performance of their duties and responsibilities
Maintaining confidentiality and observing data protection guidelines
Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
• A level standard education, or equivalent working experience
• Accountancy qualification desirable
• Experience of working effectively where strong organisational skills are required
• Strong understanding of technical accounting, project accounting essential
• Work effectively with people across all levels
• Desire to progress and be a quick learner, self-starter