Organization: DKT International – Kenya | Uganda
Job Title: Programs Manager
Reports to: Country Director
DKT International is a social marketing organization whose core mission is the provision of safe and affordable options for family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention, and reproductive health. DKT International is one of the largest private providers of family planning and reproductive health products in the developing world, with a presence in over 50 countries. DKT began operations in Kenya and Uganda in 2017 and currently markets and sells a variety of products under four brand categories: Kiss Condoms, Fiesta Condoms, Lydia Contraceptives, and Kare Maternal Health products. DKT is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and health-minded organization where individuals can make a difference in improving the lives of people. A very strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity is assumed of all employees of DKT International.
DKT Kenya/Uganda is looking for committed and success-driven individuals for the position of Programs Manager to manage DKT’s grants, donor programs, research, and training activities in the areas of family planning and sexual/reproductive health.
Ensure successful implementation of DKT’s donor programs through the effective management of donor work plans, training programs, and stakeholder management. Identify and cultivate areas for new business development and new program development aligned with DKT’s mission in the areas of social marketing, family planning, and reproductive health. Represent DKT externally to key stakeholders and through corporate communication.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Programs and Grants Management:
· Oversee and lead DKT Kenya/Uganda’s donor-funded programs, ensuring programs deliver results and provide value for money.
· Develop, execute, and effectively monitor family planning and reproductive health activities.
· Develop program documents, including work plans, briefs, donor reports, proposals, and monitoring & evaluation reports.
· Ensure effective management of donor relations and effective coordination with program partners to deliver and communicate results.
· Effectively manage Programs Department staff (Program Officer and Training Coordinator)
· Identify successful strategies for expansion beyond program territories or funding.
· Work effectively with external research and monitoring partners to comply with donor monitoring and evaluation requirements.
· Monitor expenditures against budgets and ensure alignment with work plans and program deliverables.
· Be responsible for stewardship and coordination with internal and external partners across DKT programs.
· Oversee DKT Kenya/Uganda’s training portfolio and associated staff and consultants to improve knowledge, skills, and awareness of family planning and reproductive health products.
· Develop effective, robust, and relevant training programs for various cadres of healthcare workers, including continuously updating curriculums, training materials, and guidelines.
· Identify and build strategic partnerships with associations, partner organizations, and businesses to increase DKT’s training reach and build business proposition through training activities.
New Business Development:
· Identify and cultivate opportunities for new business and funding sources for the DKT Kenya/Uganda programs; draft concept notes and proposals
· Assist with managing the proposal process, including drafting, concept notes, proposals and budgets for new opportunities.
· Manage quarterly corporate and external communication activities.
· Representation of DKT Kenya/Uganda, it’s programs, and core business offerings to donors and key stakeholders during meetings and presentations.
· Effectively communicate DKT’s core business offerings and program achievements to key stakeholders such as donors, NGO partners, Ministry of Health, DKT partners, bi-lateral/multi-lateral agencies, etc.
· Lead DKT’s corporate external and public relations activities to effectively promote the organization to key stakeholders
- Minimum 8 years of progressive management experience in family planning and/or reproductive health programs in private sector or NGO
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in management, administration, project management or related discipline from an accredited institution; Master’s degree in Public Health or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated success managing donor grants and programs
· Extensive knowledge of family planning programming and the family planning/reproductive health context of Kenya and Uganda.
· Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to synthesize information into concise reports
· Strong command of MS Office, including MS Word and Excel
· Excellent written and oral English and Kiswahili
Attributes and Abilities:
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work in teams and bring together diverse groups of stakeholders
· Passionate about family planning and reproductive health issues
· Strong sense of integrity and motivation to succeed
· Self-driven with a positive attitude