- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to national reforms, and Women, Peace and Security.
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation;
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams;
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators;
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance. Develop and implement technical tools, and initiatives;
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of national reforms, and Women, Peace and Security programme; respond to any potential problems;
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
- Manage the monitoring of programme/ project implementation and finances using results-based management tools;
- Oversee field missions and review reports on monitoring missions;
- Write quarterly reports and donor reports, focusing on results, output and outcomes;
- Contribute to office donor and UN Women reports.
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports;
- Supervise Programme Analysts and Technical Specialists; Mentor and coach staff and conduct performance assessments;
- Oversee recruitment processes, as necessary.
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
- Analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost sharing.
- Provide technical support to the Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees as needed;
- Coordinate with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure the projects’ capacity development programme is harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to national reforms, and Women, Peace and Security;
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to the national reforms, and Women, Peace and Security as necessary;
- Develop advocacy strategies and oversee their implementation;
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning;
- Develop knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies on national reforms, and Women, Peace and Security.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality programme design and inputs to Strategic Note;
- Timely and quality of programme delivery in line with budget and workplans, and in line with all UN Women operational rules and regulations, including security;
- Timely and quality monitoring and evaluation of programmes;
- Relations with partners and stakeholders;
- Quality reports and timely submission;
- Regular communication with other agencies and partners;
- Quality of advocacy and communication initiatives.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Strong knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making;
- Strong knowledge of the national reforms, and women, peace and security;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising and develop strategies.
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Technical experience in the sphere of national reforms, and Women, Peace and Security agenda;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset;
Important applicant information
All posts in the NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension