Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Programme Quality and Implementation Coordinator for its Mission in South Sudan.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a presence in South Sudan.
Position: Programme Quality and Implementation Coordinator
Duty station: Juba and regular travel within South Sudan (at least 2 times per quarter)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Employment Contract
Working hours: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Estimated start date: as soon as possible
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization providing humanitarian and development help worldwide since 1992. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters, and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been working in South Sudan since 2006 as one of the first NGOs established in Jonglei State. We are a team of committed individuals aiming at delivering tangible and sustainable change in the largest, most populous and most conflicted state of South Sudan. We are needs- and community based, implementing projects in WASH, FSL, S/NFI, Education and Protection.
For more information, please refer to https://www.pah.org.pl/en/about-us/
- Coordinate the WASH, FSL, NFI, Protection, and Education programmes and provide technical and managerial oversight
- Support strategic direction of the existing programmes within all sectors of PAH projects
- Take responsibility for the completion of internal project progress reports due to the Head of Programmes absence, which will include monthly updates on programme activity status and technical support requests
- Provide significant support for the writing and editing in the process of development of new proposals
- Provide significant support for the writing and editing in the process of programme reporting
- Contribute to the drafting of external publications and report
- Liaise with local and national government and non-government stakeholders (including NGO and private sector bodies) active within their area of work and within the region
- Represent PAH in coordination meetings with UN/ NGOs, donors, partners and government as required
- Contribute to staff management and development activities
- Other tasks in cooperation with Head of Programmes
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Experience in project implementation within at least two from PAH sectors (WASH, FSL, Education, Protection, S/NFI). Experience in South Sudan is a plus;
- Experience in managing projects;
- Line management experience of a diverse team;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with partners and stakeholders;
- Financial management experience in monitoring programme expenditure and budget variances;
- Eagerness to learn;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- Excellent analysis skills and attention to details;
- Ability to lead, motivate and coordinate a team of technical and non-technical staff;
- Languages: Full proficiency (C1) in spoken and written English required.
What we offer:
- Friendly and cooperative working atmosphere with comprehensive development possibilities;
- Free accommodation in a shared guest house;
- R&R benefit;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment and every 3 months;
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave;
- Medical insurance (including Emergency Evacuation);
- Psychological Support Package.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill in the online application and send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH no later than 20 July 2022:
- Short resume (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and work experience;
- Short cover letter (max. 1 page).
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as possible, the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Kindly note that only the candidates shortlisted for the next stages of the recruitment will be contacted.