Programme Associate / Traineeship (Arabic-speaking)
October 2020 - September 2021
Full-time · Amsterdam
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You are fluent in Arabic and English. (Fluency in French, Dutch or Spanish is an additional bonus);
- You have completed, or are in the final stage of acquiring, a relevant graduate degree (or have completed an undergraduate degree and have at least two years of relevant professional experience);
- You are motivated and organised, and can work both independently and within a team;
- You are a fast learner, who can absorb and process detailed and complicated information quickly;
- You are sociable and open-minded, and eager to work in a diverse and international office environment;
- You have a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands. DAG cannot sponsor or assist in obtaining a work permit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
An entry-level position, providing an opportunity to contribute to high-level political dialogue initiatives;
An informal, engaging, international working environment in an office situated in the centre of Amsterdam;
Remuneration between €1.500 - €2.500 gross a month (plus holiday pay), based on 40 hours per week, depending on professional and academic experiences;
A 12-month contract, with the likelihood of a subsequent contract (dependent on resources and need).
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON:
- You will assist with the organisation of, and have the opportunity to participate in, DAG’s programme activities, including meetings, seminars and mediations;
You will assist with writing and editing DAG’s project documents, such as project proposals and reports;
You will be responsible for general office and administrative tasks, such as financial project administration;
You will closely follow on-the-ground developments in specific conflict contexts, and assist in conflict analysis and developing mediation strategies.