Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a Program Support Specialist to support USAID’s Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG). The selected individual must have the capacity to act independently and proactively anticipate the needs of a complex organizational unit. The Program Support Specialist will be responsible for providing operations support and additional general administrative duties supporting the Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) in the effective coordination, communication, and implementation of its $130 million program portfolio. Additionally, the Program Support Specialist will provide backup support to the other Macfadden support positions.
The selected individual must have strong communication and coordination skills. The selected individual must have a strong sense of responsibility and a high customer service standard. He/she will maintain lists and follow-up on all actions, be highly organized, pay close attention to detail, have excellent proofreading skills with a mastery of English grammar, and be able to handle multi-tasking well. The selected individual must be an individual with sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills. The Program Support Specialist will face situations that require an ability to manage a variety of complex portfolio(s) under extremely short deadlines.
An active U.S. secret security clearance or above is required to qualify for this position.
- The Program Support Specialist will ensure accuracy of information and provide program support by assembling and preparing charts, data, and reports.
- The specialist is also expected to serve as the point of contact concerning administrative issues. He/she should coordinate, assemble and finalize correspondence such as action memos, executive correspondence, procurement documents, and all memoranda related to management and administrative programs and issues.
- Maintains and update office staff tracking documents in relation to supporting the management of DCHA/DRG’s program portfolio, program memoranda correspondence which includes logging a central correspondence tracker.
- Update Washington mail lists, DRG technical program field staff lists, emergency contact lists, and award AOR/COR lists.
- Maintains official personnel files for PSCs, Program funded staff and coordinates with AMS liaison to facilitate process for obtaining security clearances and badges.
- Take inventory of supply needs for the divisions, and process supply forms.
- Facilitates and track the process for annual work plans and evaluations to ensure they are complete and filed.
- Assist the Division Chiefs and senior managers by tracking onboarding of new hire employees and providing orientation for new staff.
- Schedule calendars, meetings and events for Divisions regarding management of their program portfolios.
- Undertakes, performs and monitors established administrative management requirements.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on questions and matters related to the administrative services provided.
- Determines pertinent issues and collects relevant information from a variety of sources in adherence to Agency guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At a minimum, the individual must have: Bachelor’s degree with 1-4 years of experience, OR Master’s with 1-3 years of progressively responsible work experience outlined above;
- This position calls for an experienced administration and operations management support professional with the knowledge and the skills necessary to perform the assigned duties.
- Experience implementing, managing communications, documents, scheduling, and administrative support duties in a large organization
- Previous administrative management operations experience.
Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and other database software applications; Google knowledge a plus
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.