Creative seeks a Program Specialist for the Communities in Transition Division. The Program Specialist (PS) works under close supervision performing a variety of work activities within their project area, which includes providing project backstopping support, as well as traveling internationally for field project and reconnaissance activities. Projects assigned may be complex in nature or include a portfolio of projects in a specific practice area. This position provides regular support to Program Associates, Project Manager(s), other program support staff, and field team members. The Program Specialist executes various operational activities and implements project-related decisions; assists with business development initiatives and supports staff who are responsible for technical program design and implementation. The position is based in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- Performs technical, financial and administrative backstopping tasks for the field project team on assigned projects;
- Reviews and processes project documentation including invoices, and ensures transaction compliance;
- Develops and monitors consultant agreements including coordinating travel and facilitating timely payments;
- Works on assigned business development and proposal activities, as needed;
- Provides support on technical program design and implementation;
- Uses mastery of company's administrative, financial systems, and operating procedures, including Creative's project management systems in performing duties;
- Works closely with support divisions in HQ--including HR, Contracts, Procurement, Field Operations, Communications, and Finance-- to support complex project needs as they arise;
- Utilizes knowledge of contract requirements, deliverables and budgets to manage key aspects of project documentation; conducts supplementary research in support of project activities.
- Uploads, catalogues and tracks project documents and knowledge products on SharePoint in coordination with the KM team, ensuring they are shared and accessed per project KM plans.
- Provides support to expatriate and TCN personnel, particularly with their allowances, as needed;
- Plans and participates in reconnaissance and fact-finding trips in preparation for bids; travels to project sites or on reconnaissance, if needed; and
May represent a practice area before other Creative teams, clients and critical audiences.**Qualifications**
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and one year of relevant experience, or a Master's degree and no relevant experience;
Experience with Excel, preferably tracking budgets and program expenses;
Experience working with consultants and vendors;
Experience organizing and filing documents within a prescribed system;
Strong writing and editing skills;
Excellent communication and analytical skills;
Strong organizational and administrative skills;
Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently;
Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines;
Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS project, etc.);
Knowledge of MENA preferred; and
Ability to travel internationally on short notice.