The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is currently seeking a Program Management Specialist (PMS). The PMS provides advanced administrative support to the MGIC team, primarily supporting the daily operations of the team.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC), an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), works to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS in the operational areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates meetings and events, including preparing necessary materials, handling communication and tracking.
- Manages, evaluates, and improves the effectiveness of the team’s resources.
- Assists with document authentication for use outside of the United States of America, as well as obtainment of visas.
- Tracks MGIC’s invoices and facilitates with the remittance of payment through UMB and MGIC accounts.
- Organizes team’s file saving system
- Post RFPs and Job Descriptions on international sites.
- Provides regulatory support to the team’s projects, particularly with the update of materials to be used in MGIC’s operational locations.
- Develops and updates calendars and trackers to support the tracking of annual filing requirements and country related priorities.
- Support updating of country handbooks and manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two (2) years' experience in administrative staff work.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Six (6) years' related experience in administrative staff work.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work and collaborate in a multi-cultural and multi-national working environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with conference calling services such as Zoom, Webex, Skype.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are not eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).