PILPG’s Washington, DC headquarters is currently searching for a dynamic professional who is passionate about peace negotiations, human rights, and transitional justice to support PILPG’s global programs as a Program Associate. The Program Associate will take ownership of certain operational processes to support various overseas projects and organizational initiatives. The Program Associate will report to PILPG’s Executive Vice President and Project Directors, and will work closely with PILPG’s operations team and their specific program teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
Support to Specific PILPG Program
The Program Associate will serve as an integral member of PILPG’s operations team, ensuring streamlined operations processes for the DC headquarters as well as specific PILPG programs. The Program Associate will:
- Provide logistical, financial, travel, and security support for specific project teams, as well as coordinating with project teams to support overseas deployment and addressing travel-related security threats. The Program Associate will assist with PILPG’s travel and security operations, including coordinating travel for PILPG staff and consultants, streamlining travel logistics across PILPG’s operations team, and assisting with overseas deployment logistics for staff and consultants.
- Assist project teams in monitoring and evaluating the progress of specific programs’ M&E plans.
- Assisting with regular funder reporting and filing of all program-related documents and agreements.
- Support project teams in managing budgeting models, facilitating sub-awardee and consultant payments, and conducting field office finance review.
- Support the team in drafting proposal narratives and budgets for new awards and project extensions, when the opportunity arises.
- Be adaptable and support their program teams as needed.
The Program Associate will gain insight into the management of non-profit organizations through assisting with day-to-day office operations and ensuring that the headquarters is responsive to the needs of PILPG’s field offices and clients overseas. The Program Associate will assist with organization-wide meeting logistics, office technology, and recruiting and onboarding. The Program Associate will be responsible for orienting new hires on PILPG’s office policies and operations and will work closely with PILPG’s President and Executive Vice President to ensure the overall smooth running of office processes.
Collaboration & Professional Development
PILPG is committed to fostering a network of professionals working in the field of public international law. As such, the Program Associate will be an active member of PILPG’s professional network within and outside of the DC office. Further, the Program Associate will participate in strategic planning for communications; schedule, attend, and participate in events, presentations, and meetings with alumni and staff in DC; and collaborate with senior attorneys to provide support to large projects and initiatives. As PILPG places an emphasis on staff members’ individual professional development, the Program Associate will also have the opportunity to attend relevant substantive and networking events.
Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, possess strong organization skills, and display acute attention to detail.
$36,000 - $38,000/year