Macfadden is seeking a Program Assistant to support Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) in USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). The Program Assistant will support OTI’s Field Programs Division, working in the Washington, DC headquarters.
The Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) supports U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping local partners advance peace and democracy. OTI provides fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key political transition and stabilization needs. Strategically designed for each unique situation, OTI has laid the foundation for long-term development by promoting reconciliation, jumpstarting local economies, supporting emerging independent media, and fostering peace and democracy through innovative programming. In countries transitioning from authoritarianism to democracy, from violence to peace, or following a fragile peace, OTI’s programs serve as catalysts for positive political change.
The Program Assistant would be part of the newly forming PPM Coordination (PPMC) Team, which sits within the Field Programs Division (FPD) of OTI. The PPMC Team supports a model of organizational learning across the office towards continually improving country program effectiveness. OTI’s MEL staff contribute to this effort by providing technical support to programs on the design, implementation, and management of MEL systems. The Program Assistant will work with other MEL staff to offer innovative solutions that are adapted to OTI’s fast-paced global needs; consolidate, curate and share MEL resources with the office; develop and facilitate learning and training events; and provide support services. Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning is an integral part of the OTI model.
Working to support the PPMC team, the Program Assistant will provide support to program management, analysis, planning and advocacy as a member of the PPMC Team. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Document innovative MEL practices; with direction, review and disseminate to relevant audiences;
- Track changes to USAID’s MEL policy and processes;
- Attend intra-Agency and external meetings and events related to MEL, transition and/or stabilization programming and disseminate information to relevant audiences;
- Contribute to requests for information on OTI’s approach to MEL, including training requests;
- Assist with knowledge management of OTI initiatives, processes, and practices;
- Track and respond to ad hoc MEL support requests from program teams;
- Support interdivisional knowledge sharing efforts that facilitate implementation of internal review recommendations, and
- Related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
All candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree and one year of work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to complete tasks independently and work within a larger team structure;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high pressure situations under short deadlines;
- Experience and/or coursework related to the design, implementation, or management of M&E systems or processes;
- Experience working in focusing on, countries undergoing political transition, or complex crisis environments
- Knowledge of complexity-aware M&E is a plus;
- International experience or foreign language skills are a plus;
- Experience with statistical analyses including multivariate analyses, factor analysis, reliability analysis is a must;
- Experience with systems thinking approaches, for example social network analysis is a plus;
- Experience in qualitative analysis is a plus.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.