Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator, the Procurement Specialist provides procurement services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Procurement Specialist promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Procurement Specialist works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme Units in the CO and project personnel to ensure consistent service delivery.
1. Ensures implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control.
2. Supports procurement processes for the Programme/Project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring;
- Organization of quality research of local and international markets for goods and services required for PMU needs, including verification of products availability, price analysis and search for potential vendors;
- Interaction with and guidance for national partners and independent experts on development of adequate specifications for goods and services in line with the UNDP procurement rules and procedures as well as review and adjustment as necessary;
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs;
- Organization of technical and financial evaluation of offers (quotations, bids and proposals), including support to Evaluation Committee in terms of guidance, clarifications, preparation of Minutes etc.;
- Implementation of functions of an Ex-Officio for procurement processes.
- Creation of vendors in Atlas (Travel Processor);
- Submission of procurement cases to UNDP CO review and contract award.
- Preparation of requests with necessary supporting documents for issuance of Purchase orders, contracts, subcontracts and other documents related to procurement of goods and services;
- Creation and budget check requisitions in Atlas;
- Preparation of and follow up with submissions subject to the relevant Procurement Committee (CAP, RACP and ACP);
- Implementation of effective maintenance of procurement records (regular filing, archiving, reporting) and timely and regular submission of originals to UNDP;
- Preparation of procurement related reports as required;
- Support with and guidance for effective performance evaluation of contracted suppliers through established formats;
- Performance of other duties as required.
3. Manages contracts focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to effective management of procurement contracts through establishing a contract monitoring tool and follow up as necessary.
4. Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on procurement, administration;
- Briefing personnel on general procurement matters.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision-making.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics;
- Trainings in procurement confirmed by certificates.
- At least 3 years of relevant procurement work experience at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Advanced knowledge of automated procurement systems is desirable;
- Working experience in international organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian;
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months with possible extension