1.0 Job Purpose
To assist in maintaining the scope, management and sourcing activities on a day-to-day basis for entire procurement function and execute standardized strategic sourcing processes focusing on value for money.
2.0 Key Responsibilities
Reviewing, recording purchase requisitions and obtaining additional information or documentation from respective users as required.
Coordinating the inspection and acceptance of goods and works depending on the thresholds and/or if required.
Receiving, actioning and monitoring the status of purchase requisitions, maintain LPOs and contacts with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods, works & services.
Preparing and processing of tender documents i.e. Invitations to Bids, Request for Proposals and Request for Quotations.
Coordinate the receiving and opening of tenders, analyzing of quotations, preparation of evaluation criterions for proposals.
Prepare purchase orders and draft contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer.
Maintain relevant internal procurement databases, documents and records of procurement and disposal activities for the required period.
Participate in supplier qualification and selection process by developing a supplier evaluation system.
Assist in maintaining and updating the approved list of registered suppliers required by MESPT.
Notifying successful and unsuccessful bidders.
2.1 Other Duties & Responsibilities
a) Assist in conducting market surveys and analysis which will assist in monitoring and forward planning for supplies.
b) Maintain efficiency in supply chain procedures within the organization and coordination among staff to ensure successful requisition.
c) To be a member of the Procurement Committee.
3.0 Qualifications & Experience
· Business degree or equivalent.
· Professional Membership in Purchasing and Supplies; CIPS or KISM.
· Minimum of Two (2) years of relevant work experience in procurement.
· Experience in working with developmental or non-governmental organizations will be an added advantage.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs e.g. Excel.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Navision System will be an added advantage.
· Pragmatic and honest behaviour
· Good analytical skills.
· Independent thinker.
- Good time management and organizational skills.