Under the overall guidance of the UNDP Libya Resident Representative and direct supervision of the Head of Service Center, the Procurement Analyst is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money for the UNDP Libya procurement. The Procurement Analyst manages the project procurement, in particular the elections procurement, and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Analyst supervises leads and trains the support and professional staff of the Procurement Unit. The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and project teams, UNDP HQs staff and Procurement Support Office in Copenhagen to successfully deliver procurement services. The Procurement Analyst will focus specifically on timely procurement processes for projects with large procurement volume; such as elections project, other ongoing and upcoming projects requiring dedicated procurement services.
Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit, harmonization of the workflows in the office;
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Ensure the office full compliance in asset management processes in coordination with the asset management focal points;
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Synthesis of proposals and implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment;
- Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
Manages and guides procurement processes for CO, NIM/DIM projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation;
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Buyer in Atlas for Purchase Orders creation;
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services, analysis of requirements and elaboration of proposals on common services, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms;
- Management of e-procurement module.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining a network of contacts:
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues;
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches;
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing.
Procurement and Supplier and Contract Management
Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of technical specialty related to procurement:
- The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source;
- Knowledge of supplier management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Basic research and analysis:
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system;
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives;
- Gathers and analyses feedback from staff.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Research and analysis and making recommendations on management systems:
- Maintains information/databases on system design features;
- Develops simple system components.
Establishing effective client relationships:
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs;
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
- Experience in Post-Conflict countries will be an asset
- Knowledge of electoral procurement is an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Knowledge of Arabic would be considered an asset
CIPS Certification would be an asset.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension