About the role
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Directly manage and support a three-year Malaria Global Fund grant as a Sub Recipient to UNICEF. This new grant will cover eight of the ten states in South Sudan and provide comprehensive Malaria preventive and curative services at community and health facility level. This will ensure that all related health commodities e.g. bed nets, ACTs, rapid diagnostic test kits are available.
Contribute to the PMO and Global Health teams reputation in programme excellence as a knowledgeable programme manager and trusted advisor for internal and external clients. Serve as an integral part of the programme leadership team.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Manage the programme to a high standard ensuring:
- Contracted financial target is met or exceeded.
- Deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality. This will include coordinating inputs of the programme team to meet key stakeholder requirements.
- Maintain a strong understanding of client’s policies and procedures and ensure compliance across the programme team. When necessary, train members of Crown Agents HQ staff.
- Excellent relations with stakeholders are maintained and liaise with client, partner and other relevant individuals and organisations as required.
- Management visits to programme countries are undertaken as and when required.
- Support Programme Director/Technical lead with technical delivery of the programme, providing technical input where relevant to drive programme performance
- Maintain thorough understanding of specified technical area, conducting when asked desk-based research to support the programme
- Support programme monitoring, evaluation, research and learning agenda
- Share and enable learnings from programmes and bids to be embedded into corporate processes and future delivery and winning opportunities.
- Share your knowledge of best practice programme delivery with others in the company, providing advice and guidance as needed.
- Manage time, scope and budget to a high quality.
- Manage other programme and PMO team members as appropriate
- Manage time utilisation on the programme and your own time utilisation, ensuring that billable days are allocated to programmes and overhead time is within pre-agreed targets.
- Support growth opportunities as appropriate, through technical input and bid management.
- Identify opportunities to ‘build-out’ from live programmes you manage.
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Undertake all procurement in compliance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (Human) (WDA (H)) issued by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and our United Kingdom Controlled Drug Licence issued by the Home Office
- Ensure that all procurement is carried out using the relevant corporate IT system(s) in operation
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
Expiry date of the contract: 31st of December 2023.
Masters in Public Health or equivalent working experience
- Demonstrable experience working in complex and time-pressured contexts
- Demonstrable experience managing or coordinating multi-stakeholder programmes in developing countries
- Demonstrable experience managing global health programmes
- Preferred experience working in fragile and conflict affected states
- Preferred experience working with The Global Fund
- Preferred experience working on the technical delivery of Malaria programmes including community based and facility-based treatment, LLIN distributions, behaviour change communications at scale
- Experience using Microsoft applications
- Ability to prioritise competing demands
- Experience coordinating input from consortium partners and senior management
- Experience in managing budgets for effective delivery; closely monitoring cashflow and ensuring strong forecasting and reporting to clients.
- Experience in communications with clients, consortium partners and other programme stakeholders.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.