As a Policy Advisor Tax and Inequality, you help to deliver Oxfam’s ambitious strategy to influence extreme inequality in the Global South. You will focus supporting the implementation of our influencing program on tax and inequality with a focus on Dutch and international corporate tax policies. Beyond designing influencing strategies in relation to Dutch and international tax policies of both governments and companies, this will involve facilitating coordination and mutual capacity development on fair tax policies in the South. The ideal candidate has both influencing and research experience in the area of corporate taxation, and in particular on how corporate tax policies affect domestic resource mobilization in developing countries. You will be expected to play a strategic role in supporting the connections between country and global campaigning, helping us to leverage change at multiple levels.
- Support the development and delivery of the Oxfam Novib’s influencing programs on tax & inequality;
- Be one of the spokespersons for Oxfam Novib in the Netherlands on tax related issues;
- Draft research and/or policy papers on tax and inequality;
- Maintain and build relevant networks and contribute to (social) media strategies;
- Contribute to longer-term capacity building strategies and plans as requested, including facilitation of training;
- Support the connection of national level campaigns to regional and global level activities and teams;
- Provide coordination for work with countries and regions across Oxfam Novib and OI.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in economics, international politics, tax law, fiscal economics or a related area;
- Experience in tax policy, development policy or advocacy with a gender perspective;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Interest in and understanding of Dutch political processes;
- Pro-active networker;
- Result-oriented attitude;
- Experience with working in the South or in advocacy on development issues is a pre;
- Cooperative and flexible team player;
- Strong writing skills and able to explain complex issues in accessible way to diverse target groups;
- Very good command of English and (preferably) good command of Dutch or French.
What we offer
For initial appointments, Oxfam Novib offers a contract of maximum one year (including a one-month probationary period) with possibility of extension. The position is based in The Hague, The Netherlands. Oxfam is committed to providing a fair compensation package a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 9. The gross salary range is between € 2.911,- to € 4.479,- on the basis of 36 hours per week. Benefits typically include annual pay increases, performance-related salary increases, holiday allowance, contributions to commuting costs, vacation days, parental, care and special leave, a private bicycle scheme, pension scheme, etc.