Result of Service
To analyse and improve the processes in the front office and provide inputs to the automation of processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and advisory services for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This assignment is located in Nairobi duty station under the overall supervision of the Special Assistant to the director.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create a guide for new staff members: including roles and responsibilities, guide for requesting meetings with the Director and
deputy director; Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
2. Support with preparation of strategic outreach plan for Ecosystems Director.
3. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitments
4. Produce a mid-year report on the Director’s office to summarise: engagements; tasking; deliveries etc.
5. Support with coordination of preparations for Stockholm +50
6. Submit draft of Leadership Dialogues guide to support planning of 2024 United Nations Environment Assembly UNEA High Level
7. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitments
submission of a report analysing and reviewing the director’s office of incorporating: Engagements by the director & deputy; Task
deadline compliance; Lessons learned; Looking forward
8. Along with weekly Heads of Branches meeting notetaking and action item tracking, support with HOB meeting Coordination and
2nd half of the year meeting preparations.
9. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitments
10. Review and analyze the Delegation of Authority of the Ecosystems Division
11. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitments
12. Defining division data requirements for various systems to support the Director’s strategic decision making. Carry out Research
into Director’s office needs.
13. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitment.
14. Support the Director’s Office with preparations for Conference of Parties (COP) 27
15. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitments
16. Outline and implement a strategy and process for division data requirements to be readily available to the director on a monthly
17. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitments
18. Produce an end-year report on the director’s office to summarize engagements by the director and deputy; Task deadline
compliance; Lessons learned; Looking forward
19. Produce an end-year report on HOB meetings to summarize discussions and action item progress.
20. On demand stop gap support to branches on planning and meeting commitments
Academic Qualifications: The consulrant should have a Bachelor's degree in project management, development studies, international relations, political science, or related field.
Experience: The consultant is required to have a minimum three years of work experience in management, development, or related fields.
Experience working with cross cutting teams is desirable; Strong coordination skills are required; Experience with engaging with Senior Management is desired; Experience with finding solutions to improve efficiency is required
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consulting position, fluency in oral and written English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.