Peru: Communications Support Consultant
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as \"green growth\", which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
In Peru, GGGI, alongside its partners: the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), and the Peruvian Society for Environmental Law (SPDA), is implementing the project AgroFor (Peru’s Agroforestry Concessions Scheme: Enabling Multi-level Implementation of an Innovative, Transformative Policy). AgroFor is financed by the government of Norway. This three-year initiative will help the government of Peru create the institutional, technical, and financial conditions to enable the roll out and successful implementation of the new agroforestry concessions (AC) in the Peruvian Amazon. Through the ACs, family farmers will access legal titles to their lands, but conditioned to the implementation of sustainable land use practices, with proper technical and financial incentives.
Develop the social media presence, provide support, co-design and lead events, and lead the development of GGGI´s communications, within the Agrofor Project and within GGGI´s Country Program in Peru. Provide technical and operational assistance in areas related to communications. Perform high quality and accurate work. At the same time, we expect the consultant learn, explore and come up with creative and innovative approaches to convey our program messages to targeted audiences and the wide public.
The duties include the development of a range of outputs, including designing communication pieces, developing graphic designs and infographics, review and improve brochures, assist with the messaging of the presentations, analyze communications data from social media, and other challenges. Also, the consultant will provide support related to event coverage (recordings of interviews, video editing, etc.), with the aim to create media presence and increase GGGI´s visibility, within the context of the AgroFor Project.
- Conceptualize, create, and design communication content (infographics, video, brochures, flyers) and publish content on GGGI´s Peru social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, others)
- Coordinate and provide support to our regional and national-level outreach and communication campaigns, harnessing different media to promote GGGI´s regional program and country program
- Propose a multi-year communications plan
- Support our branding and event organization at the regional and country level, to connect and showcase GGGI’s priorities
The proposed activities include assisting the Country Representative, and other Peru team members, to communicate relevant information about GGGI´s activities and achievements, as related to the AgroFor Project, and other projects of the Peru Country Program. [ADMF1]
The consultant will also closely coordinate with GGGI´s Regional LAC communication team.
DeliverySupport Public Relations related activities Create and update the media outlet directory Support the Country Representative in engaging with the communications offices of GGGI Peru counterparts for specific event planning, media coverage, etc. Maintain, curate, and improve GGGI´s emailing list, and develop communication products for it Lead the organization of communicational events in Peru (media presence, seminars, workshops, events, platforms, etc), related to the celebration in Peru of GGGI´s global initiatives like support for COP27, and other global events
Digital platforms Complement GGGI Peru social media platforms (Facebook, Twiter, Linkedin, others) Create and design innovative content (infographics, videos, gifs, etc.) for social media, to support specific activities or campaigns within the strategic communications plan Generate and follow up the GGGI Peru social media metrics Support the preparation and execution of social media plans and campaigns Keep updated the 'key dates calendar', and design graphic pieces to mark the most relevant celebrations or commemorations Schedule social media posts according to the social media content calendar Assist in the coverage of in-person, and online events, by taking photographs, recording interviews, or posting content on our social media channels Monitor, record, and analyze social media data of GGGI Peru’s social media and other digital communication outlets. Implement / improve social networks for GGGI Peru (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), generating content, etc
Publications and other communication materialsDesign and edit communication materials, such as banners, back stages, brochures, balances, presentations, infographics, newsletters, among others Support and attend GGGI´s (Peru) events covering the following: photographic record, Twitter and FB posts, design of event materials such as invitations, banners, speakers resume, evaluation templates, etc Follow up and coordinate with suppliers contracted for the design of GGGI´s (Peru) publications or printings Keep GGGI´s (Peru) folder in the cloud up to date by uploading all relevant files created to support events, activities, and campaign: photos, videos, posts, links with Twitters, participants´ lists, backing images, graphic designs, brochures, informative pieces for media, relevant publications Design and propose a Communications Plan for GGGI (Peru) Support other related activities when required Generate a folder with a graphic history of events (photos), post links from GGGI Peru, layout of brochures, etc
- Suggest a plan/program to communicate the objectives and achievements of GGGI in the Agrofor project and the Peru Program
- Prepare a first report detailing the plan/program proposals to communicate the objectives and achievements of GGGI in the Agrofor project and the Peru Program
Thirty days from signing the contract
- Prepare a second report detailing the activities and tasks included in this service:Support Public Relations related activities Digital platforms Publications and other communication materials
- Implement / improve social networks for GGGI Peru (Facebook, twitter, linkedin) generate content, etc.
- Social media metrics (in relation to the content generated since the incorporation of the consultant, for example)
- Generate a folder with a graphic history of events (photos), post links from GGGI Peru, layout of brochures, etc
- Prepare a proposal to develop events
Sixty days from signing the contract
Prepare a Third report detailing the activities and tasks included in this service:Support Public Relations related activities Digital platforms Publications and other communication materials
Ninety days from signing the contract
Prepare a fourth report detailing the activities and tasks included in this service:Support Public Relations related activities Digital platforms Publications and other communication materials
One hundred twenty days from signing the contract
Prepare a fifth report detailing the activities and tasks included in this service:Support Public Relations related activities Digital platforms Publications and other communication materials
One hundred fifty days from signing the contract
Prepare a sixth and final report detailing all the performed activities and tasks included in this service:Support Public Relations related activities Digital platforms Publications and other communication materials
One hundred eighty days from signing the contract
Coordination and Compliance
- GGGI, at any stage of the development of the service, can request meetings and information from the consultant, which may raise questions, queries, or changes in activities and/or development.
- The consultant will not receive payment for his/her services until any doubt or problem that arises is resolved. The time needed to address the requested changes does not imply the extension of the contract term.
- It is the responsibility of the consultant to respect the dates contemplated in these terms of reference while performs the service.
- GGGI will provide all the information that is available within the framework of the development of this consultancy, as well as the contact information of focal points of the institutions involved.
Meetings and Workshops
- Once the consultancy begins, periodic meetings will be established between the consultant and GGGI.
- After each meeting, the consultant will prepare in detail a written summary of the meeting and will send this document to all the participants via email.
- All deliverables that are generated in the development of the service must be included in a digital repository with the sources of primary and secondary, empirical, technical, and scientific information used, in Spanish.
- All deliverables must have appropriate means of verification, including records of participants in meetings and/or workshops, minutes, notes, photos, or other documents as evidence of information.
- Deliverables need to be sent to GGGI´s specialists via email, on the corresponding dates. Each product that has the final approval** must be delivered using a formal channel, as established by the consultant and GGGI.
- The program proposed by the consultant to promote green jobs will be owned and distributed only by the GGGI.
The professional must present her or himself as an individual (not as part of a company or a legal person), and shall comply with the following requirements:
Academic qualification:At least Undergraduate degree in Communications or related fields.
General professional experience:At least 2 years of professional experience preferably in communications areas related to GGGI´s purposes. Experience / knowledge of green growth and sustainable development is a plus, as well as regional relevant experience.
Skills and knowledge:Excellent experience in designing posts, infographics, videos, communication materials, and others. Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office and active usage of various social media outlets. Advanced skill level with design programs as Adobe Creative Cloud tools (especially Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro) Advanced skill level with design programs as Adobe Creative Cloud tools (especially Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro) A keen interest and creativity in using innovative modern technologies to deliver messages. Strong graphic designing skills, photo recording and video production. Strong communication, event management, media engagement and diplomatic skills Excellent Spanish knowledge and good English writing and speaking skills are required
The followings may be included for application:Cover letter, and CV Link or file with portfolio documentation (graphic pieces) Selection method/process: Competitive Selection (CS) Timeline of selection: 2 weeks for advertise TOR and receive CV 1 week to schedule candidates’ interviews.
Contract value: USD 16,200
Period: 180 days
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.