- Full compliance of Atlas payroll processes and procedures with UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies;
- Increased efficiency of payroll transactions including calculation, recalculation of payroll and banking, and administration of retroactivity, recoveries and adjustments;
- Maintenance of records (amounts, currencies and schedules) and processing of recovery in Atlas of all payroll-related advances which are paid out in Atlas;
- Support to the validation of trial payroll results prior to the final Atlas pay run for International Professional, New York-based staff and selected local staff members in the Field;
- Increased client and partner satisfaction, client understanding and confidence in GSSU as credible service provider.
- Timely and accurate determination and processing of staff benefits and entitlements;
- Review the accuracy of the payroll data ensuring compliance within the Financial Rules and Regulations of UNDP;
- Monitor and take corrective action on Payroll reports which indicate unusual or questionable activity and payment;
- Maximize the use of technology to keep the client informed of their payroll elements and changes thereto.
- Ensures that employee destination banks are correctly set up to achieve fluidity of payments;
- Ensures full understanding of all available payment methods specifically to facilitate timely payments to employees in countries with complex banking arrangements;
- Supports the review and analysis of data for bank reconciliation when required;
- Timely corrective actions on technical issues by escalating to technical support;
- Timely provision of requested information and data to the integration points (GPS units, BES, JPOSC, OFRM, Client integration points);
- Performing other related tasks as required.
- Perform testing for the accuracy of the implementation and or system enhancement.
- Conceptualizing and recommending further process improvements;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in payroll/reporting;
- Sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organization of training on payroll related matters;
- Accurate and comprehensive coverage of Benefits and Entitlements in HR knowledge management system.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of UNDP HR and financial management and success in implementation of operational strategies. Accurate implementation of payroll enhances UNDP credibility in HR management. The information provided facilitates management decision making. Improper practices will lead to audit observations and qualified audits of UNDP and other partner agencies audited financial statements.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNDP practice areas;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to financial resources management, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting;
- Sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations;
- Strong IT skills.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Secondary Education with at least six (6) years of relevant experience and supplemented with specialized certification in HR, Accounting or Finance; or Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration or equivalent with relevant experience of at least three (3) years.
- 3-6 years of payroll or finance experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web- based management systems;
- Working knowledge of ATLAS desirable;
- Knowledge of payroll services to other UN agencies would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Banking and Treasury processes would be an asset.
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency in another UN language is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Priority may be given to Danish nationals and holders of relevant Danish residence permit.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension