- Processing of UN Identity Cards for UNSMS Organizations in Afghanistan;
- Maintain UN ID card Equipment/Machines, records, files and data;
- Manage and maintain inventory of ID card stationeries and consumables;
- Undertake additional tasks as may be assigned by the Pass and ID Supervisor.
- Screen and verify all supporting documents for identity/access card requests as per existing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and in coordination with Human Resources (HR) sections, and Security Officer/Security Focal Points of all UNSMS Organizations in Afghanistan;
- Provide, process, and enroll UN ID smart Cards, Visitor Passes, Ground Passes and Entrance passes required for entry to UN premises in a controlled manner to all ID Categories for UN Personnel and Contractors and Vendors in addition to other International Organizations/UNSMS Organizations;
- Design various formats of ID Cards when required or asked for;
- Issue ID cards and all Passes for National and International Staff/Offices upon the approval of Pass and ID Supervisor;
- Operate access control software on the access control system terminal and program access privileges as directed by the Pass and ID Supervisor;
- Re-issue IDs and Passes on receipt of loss/damage reports investigated by Security Special Investigations Unit / Agency Security Officers and approved by Pass and ID Supervisor;
- Renew expired ID Cards of all UNSMS Organizations’ Staff members based upon their contract extensions and to be consistent with approved SOP.
- Liaise with UN Security Officers to ensure that all UN Staff have valid ID cards in Kabul and Field Offices;
- Provide quality and professional services to the relevant UNSMS Organizations.
- Ensure that ID card machines and equipment are always properly maintained and kept functional;
- Store and withdraw/hold expired ID Cards in a proper manner;
- Keep the Pass and ID Office and equipment in a clean and operational manner;
- Keep back-up system of ID Card Data base in a safe and secured Hard Drive.
- Ensure back-up of all data on a daily basis;
- Maintain and update records, filing system and archiving system according to the UN Record Management Procedure/Database of the Pass and ID Unit;
- Ensure that all ID request forms of International/National staff are properly filed and kept confidential;
- Prepare daily, Weekly and Monthly draft reports to Pass and ID Supervisor.
- Prepare Daily Check-in / Check-out report and send to Pass and ID Supervisor;
- Responsible to store all data in a constructed easy retrievable manner on the share-drive/SharePoint Online;
- Maintain confidentiality of the information related to the identity program database, hard/soft copies of documents and files;
- Keep up to date with computer technology to advice for improvement of ID system if needed.
- Conduct periodic inventory of the stocks of Smart and Standard ID cards, ribbons, clear films, and polyguard overlaminates for the printers, stationary and other consumables, and Schedule periodic servicing of the equipment and printers;
- Assist Pass and ID Supervisor in preparing annual budgetary requirements and plans for ID equipment, stationery and other consumable needs;
- Prepare requisition of Pass and ID Unit's Supplies.
- Monitor the email and take quick action to respond to the emails according to their priority and urgency;
- Conduct the collection and delivery of inward and outward correspondences and incoming mails for Pass and ID Unit;
- Responsible to report any irregularities to Pass and ID Supervisor for further action;
- Inform staff members of their responsibilities and procedures in order to safe keep, store and control their ID cards once it has been signed for;
- Assist in providing photographs for all UN International and National Staff for official purposes;
- Translate all Pass and ID documents from local languages into English and vice versa;
- Train additional security staff on identity program;
- Undertake any additional tasks as assigned by the Pass and ID Supervisor.
- Solid computers skills with all MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point etc.), as well as Adobe Photoshop.
- Solid Database management skills, ID Program database management skills are highly desirable.
- Good Photography/Camera skills to take pictures for identity card purposes.
- Good Photo Editing skills to edit and adjust photos for identity card purposes.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year with possibility of extension