Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development foundation with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
PARTNERSHIPS & POLICY MANAGER
The Partnerships & Policy Manager plays an essential role in Educo - Philippines, in leading donor partnership relationships and helping ensure funding sustainability. S/he will be responsible for the development and execution of the resource mobilization strategy and advocacy efforts in the areas of: Education for All, End Violence Against Children, the Convention of the Rights of the Child, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Partnerships & Policy Manager understands how the organization is positioned, analyzes opportunities for growth and monitor risks that can affect funding sustainability. S/he is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and makes decisions that lead to changes in organizational direction.
The Partnerships & Policy Manager will work closely with Educo’s Global Program teams, Regional Technical team, Country Office team and other ChildFund Alliance members. Partnerships & Policy Manager reports to the Country Director (CD) and leads the Strategic Partnerships & Advocacy (SP&A) Unit.
- Partnership and Opportunity Management: Guarantees that all new donor partnerships and funding opportunities are in line with Educo’s identity and priorities; disseminate partnership criteria and methods of partnership development; ensure use of tools and processes compliant with institutional requirements; ensure best practices are adapted, such as due diligence and SWOT analysis during partnership development, and monitor and evaluate sub-grantee/partners performance;
- Resource Mobilization: Guides strategic resource mobilization plan and leads activities for funding sustainability; supervises the project design and proposal development phases in coordination with the Program, Finance and MEL Unit;
- Grant Management: Leads the award management and supports donor, sub-grantee and implementation teams
- Policy and Advocacy: Guide Educo’s strategic advocacy efforts in the country and galvanize support to affect policies and legislative and executive priorities;
- Team Management: Provides support and guidance to the SP&A Unit and encourages positive work environment and collaboration;
- Organizational Policy Implementation: Demonstrates ethical approaches to improve practice with partners and sub-grantees; and to support the implementation team in understanding Educo’s and donors’ Child Safeguarding, Environment, Gender, Anti-fraud and-Corruption, Feedback and Accountability requirements and other safeguarding procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Political Science or Law is desirable. Graduates of other courses may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role. Master’s or Law Degree is an advantage;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in donor mapping, donor engagement, proposal development and award management
- Experience with client-facing or external-oriented positions
- Experience working with INGOs, preferably with child-rights organizations
- Experience managing a team preference for a business development or fundraising team
- Experience developing proposals in Education, Child-Protection, Governance and DRR
- Experience in developing staff capacity
- Willing to work in Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Experience with fundraising and partnerships with corporate and/or individual donors;
- Experience of using international human rights law for human rights advocacy;
- Experience of working in an international context, at least in Asia with strong portfolio in the Philippines.
*We are offering:**
- A fixed-term contract for one (1) year, subject for evaluation after six (6) months, with possibility for extension for regular employment. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.