- Build a partnership ecosystem in support of UNDP’s strategic priorities in Malaysia, leveraging both portfolio depth and cross-portfolio synergies;
- Prepare overviews, products, presentations and other engagement materials that demonstrate UNDP’s value proposition;
- Serve as office anchor point on private sector engagement, supporting and enabling office management and project teams to leverage strategic partnerships;
- Support the engagement with financing institutions incl. development of value proposition packages.
- Support extraction from UNDP project portfolio to strengthen policy advocacy and upstream work;
- Produce snapshot reports, updates and briefing notes for both UNDP-wide distribution and with external stakeholders;
- Support strategic office wide initiatives such as SDG Accelerator, etc.
- Contribute to office-wide corporate compliance, including project and program reporting/ROAR, IATI etc.
- Support office-wide intelligence gathering and analysis to further strengthen UNDP’s development impact in terms of key geographical priority areas.
- Arrange for and lead learning office-wide initiatives.
- Management of selected projects, implementing activities in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations, ensuring smooth programme operations (finance, asset management, administration, HR) in line with UNDP corporate rule, regulation and policies;
- Oversee, lead implementation and ensure quality reporting on selected projects;
- Prepare project concepts, project documents, Annual Work Plans, progress reports and inputs to CO program compliance (QA, ROAR, IATI) and ensure budget execution is in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Continuously monitor progress against the approved work-plan; Identify changes in the external environment and promptly agree necessary solutions/actions (ex. related to the planning and implementation of activities, need for new activities) with UNDP office and Project Board;
- Monitoring expenditure to ensure that it is in line with approved budgets, AWPs and UNDP Programmed/Financial policies;
- Periodic monitoring of dashboards and exceptions, identification of remedial actions.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of ATLAS system desirable
- Excellent knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting
- Excellent knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year, renewable