Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
As a Country Director, you provide strategic direction for all work in the country. This includes the definition and implementation of Oxfam’s strategy in CAR, both humanitarian responses and the Governance program, advocacy and campaigns. You will be responsible for continuous improvement in terms of the quality and impact of the programs, as well as for the effective management of finance and human resources according to Oxfam's principles, policies and values.
- Responsible for the development of the country's strategic plan with the support and under the responsibility of the Regional Director and the Country Governance Group (GGP), taking into account their opinions and feedback.
- Responsible for the strategic management of Oxfam’s program in the country, including development, advocacy, and humanitarian programming to maximize our influence and impact
- Representation of Oxfam and the country program at national and global level. Building relationships and developing networks for effective change, both internally and externally, to maximize our ability to influence
- Management of the Country Leadership Team, in charge of leading the work in the country, covering HR, finance, program management and advocacy, ensuring that the leaders in the team adhere to the policies and procedures of the country. 'Oxfam, including but not limited to the Code of Conduct, Performance Management, Safety, Health and Safety and local legislation.
- Click here for the full job description if you would like to see more details.
- Competitive salary package;
- 2-year fixed-term contract, renewable;
- Starting date: 1st of March 2021;
- Place of work: Bangui, RCA with national and international travel;
- Receiving applications until 16 November 2020.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- Proven experience in leading and motivating multidisciplinary teams;
- Solid senior leadership and management experience in developing and delivering high quality program, humanitarian influence and strategy, with and through partners or directly, in a challenging geographic area;
- Proven experience in representing an organization to partners, government agencies, private sector organizations, media and donors at national and international levels;
- Experience in security, risk and law enforcement management in an international NGO context.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note*:* All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Or if you already have an account
Share this offer