Operations Intern, Arlington, VA
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Position Summary: **
As a part of MSI's revamping of its operational support systems, the intern will work with a Senior Project Manager to review and update the formatting and data compiled in reports generated out of the new systems. The intern will work directly with leadership across MSI's departments and members of its executive management team to identify data to be collated into regular and specific reports. Internships require a maximum commitment of 28 hours per week with a flexible schedule and is presently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a paid position.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
- Support the reporting and analysis of project financial, geographic, contractual, staffing and technical data;
- Support the review and updating of operations manuals as well as their associated templates and checklists;
- Support scheduling and logistics for project management meetings, trainings, and orientations;
- Support the roll-out of new initiatives, tools and processes to operations staff.
- Professional demeanor and diplomatic communication skills, especially via email and by phone
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software programs quickly, strong background in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Arabic, French or Spanish
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com