Purpose of Proposal
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) Activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to monitor program performance effectively and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt to improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation become easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective.
Summary of Position
SI seeks a local Office Manager/Logistician to support office and logistics operations for the Iraq PMES activity. The Manager will be responsible for supervising and monitoring the administration of the PMES activity; oversight of the field logistics, administrative, operational, and third-party monitors and staff.
- Manage field logistics of a team of 10 regionally-based third party monitors
- Develop and implement office policies, and organize office operations and procedures.
- Manage and organize office services by ensuring the smooth running of office operations and procedures; correspondences are consistent; filing systems are designed, maintained, and updated.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out project office logistics planning and execution of equipment procurement, office systems, and office and classroom layouts.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers
- Liaise and support program and finance administration team as needed
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory and ordering.
- Act as a point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, and equipment.
- Organize and schedule team and program meetings and note-taking system.
- Serve as the first point of contact and greeting for all Key inquiries, and provide general support to all guest visitors, students, and faculty during weekday programming.
- Process and prepare operational and technical reports as needed and requested.
- Associate degree or equivalent with three to five years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree with two to four years of relevant experience
- Prior administrative/office experience, with experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic required