The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources. CIFOR-ICRAF is looking for a
An Office Assistant is responsible for performing a range of tasks to support daily operations in an office setting. This involves lots of small duties, but their overall responsibilities are essential.
Duties and responsibilities
Interoffice Messenger & document handling
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
- Pick up, sort and deliver official documents from/to all users
- Packing & sending packages
- Arrange the courier services, incl. summarizing the courier billing
Meeting room operations & other facilities
- Reguler check of all meeting rooms
- Ensure all meeting equipment are working well. All furniture are in good condition
- Provide sufficient meeting stationery, if requested
- Set up the layout of meeting rooms, as requested
- Ensure all meeting rooms are in default set up and clean during all vacant periods
- Report any damage to Property
- Standby during the meeting if requested
- Ensure all dirty items are laundered for all CIFOR-ICRAF facilities
- Checking the running operations of gym equipment
- Ensure the mineral waters are always available for the whole campus. Ensure the dispenser is in good working condition
- Ensure the newspapers are brought up-to-date
- Develop reports: FAK, storage & emergency supplies
- Administration process for the delivery of recycled paper stored by external vendor
- Back up Receptionist
- Assist staff with other official errands with prior approval from supervisor
- Handling the access card/finger print
- Any other tasks requested by supervisor
Education, knowledge and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of experience in similar position or in customer-oriented service
- Fair working knowledge of English
- Have an accurate understanding/interpretation of oral or written requests
- Diligent and willing to work overtime, including holidays and weekends if required
Personal attributes and competencies
- Good interpersonal skill
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritize
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application process The application deadline is 30 Nov-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
- Reguler check of all meeting rooms