About Search for Common Ground Search is an international conflict transformation NGO that aims to transform the way individuals, groups, governments, and companies deal with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions. Headquartered in Washington DC, USA, and Brussels, Belgium, with 52 field offices in 29 countries, Search designs and implements multifaceted, culturally appropriate, and conflict-sensitive programs using a diverse range of tools, including media and training, to promote dialogue, increase knowledge and determine a positive shift in behaviors.We are searching for…Search for Common Ground seeks an Office Assistant to provide administrative and logistics support, liaising closely with the Admin and Logistics team in Abuja and other Search offices and the finance team to ensure good recordkeeping, as well as liaising with the housekeeping staff to support the smooth running of the office.The Office Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Admin and Logistics Officer and will be functionally managed by the Procurement and Logistics Manager based in Abuja. The position holder will supervise Cleaners.Sector: Operations Unit (Procurement and Logistics) Location: AbujaEmployee Type: RegularEmployee Category: Full time
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monthly stock recording and ensuring adequate stock supplies around the office as needed
- Assist with conference room scheduling and maintenance, including setting up of tables and chairs for meetings.
- General administrative tasks like filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing and answering phones.
- Welcome guests and visitors at the reception.
- Keep tab of clock in-and-out book.
- Identify key administrative and housekeeping challenges and raise the challenge with the supervisor.
- Facilitate purchase of office supplies.
- Ensure that office equipment is kept in good condition.
- Support in management of petty cash.
- Work closely with vendors during general maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate package delivery and pickup.
- Maintain office files.
- Carry out terrorist checks.
- Ensure that SFCG’s inventory list is updated on regular intervals
- A minimum of BA/ Bsc holder with a good knowledge of admin functions
- Previous experience as an office Assistant or similar experience is an added advantage
- Highly organized and systematic with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and working skills, enjoys a multicultural work environment;
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential;
- Good knowledge of other local languages might be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- A pleasant demeanor
- An attitude of honesty and integrity
- The ability to identify and solve problems on an immediate basis
- Ability to perform minor administrative tasks
- Ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform daily routine to ensure detailed filling and archiving of assets and documents
- Ability to perform general duties including logistics support.
- Ability to stock and label office supplies and keep proper stock record to ensure ample supply to carry out duties.
- Attention to detail
- Quality of work
Other Relevant Competencies
- Accountability: Being accountable and passing on accountability for one's own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
- Attention to detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal - even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest possibilities.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Focus on Quality: Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Learning Ability: The ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively