- Transnational Organised Crime
- Terrorism Prevention
- Criminal justice systems
- Drugs and Health, and Alternative Development
- Provide substantive, technical and programming inputs for the formulation, implementation, reporting and evaluation of technical assistance activities on counter terrorism and the prevention/countering of violent extremism (P/CVE) within the framework of the UNODC Regional Programme for Southeast Asia;
- Contribute to the establishment of partnerships and strengthened collaboration and coordination with all relevant national stakeholders in the field of terrorism prevention and the prevention/countering of violent extremism;
- Plan, organize and deliver technical assistance activities, and contribute to the formulation of technical assistance tools such as, inter alia, training manuals, substantive publications, etc.;
- Conduct research and analysis of national legal and policy frameworks on counter-terrorism and its financing, including analyses of national CT and CFT legislation;
- Contribute to a visible and identifiable UNODC presence in Malaysia and deliver contributions at relevant events and fora on counter terrorism and the prevention/countering of violent extremism;
- Contribute to and/or prepare various written outputs such as, inter alia, briefing notes, concept notes, agendas, project proposals and progress reports, and exercise quality control over technical inputs to publications and other technical assistance tools;
- Contribute to outreach for resource mobilization, partnership-building, and programme advocacy for UNODC mandates and the Office’s technical assistance capabilities in the field of terrorism prevention and criminal justice responses to violent extremism;
- Prepare the terms of reference/requirements for sub-contractors, vendors and consultants to ensure qualitative and objective procurement of services, and support the identification of suppliers and their contracting;
- Ensure adherence to UN rules and regulations for financial and administrative matters and ensure timely fulfilment of all obligations and delivery of expected results of the Programme’s activities;
- Contribute to developing a filing system for the project and maintain filing accordingly; and
- Perform other duties to support project implementation as required.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, international relations, political sciences, management or related field is required. Specialization in legal and related aspects of terrorism prevention and/or criminal justice issues and their international dimensions is highly desirable.
- A first-level university degree, in combination with seven (7) additional years of qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in crime prevention and criminal justice issues, preferably in judicial and prosecutorial matters with a focus on terrorism or closely related issues is required;
- Extensive knowledge of the political and terrorism-related dynamics in Asia, including the role and functioning of relevant sub-regional and regional organizations, such as ASEAN is required;
- Work experience in the planning, organization and delivery of technical assistance activities is desirable;
- Experience liaising with mid- to high-level government officials is desirable.
- Familiarity with the modalities of international technical assistance is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year, with possibility of renewal subject to funding availaibility and satisfactory performance