World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the National Director of World Vision Rwanda, you will lead, direct, develop, and manage the implementation of all aspects of World Vision's ministry in Rwanda while realizing the organizational Vision, Mission, and Core values. World Vision Rwanda was founded in 1994 with the key focus of relief and rehabilitation for the close to 3 million people that were displaced because of the genocide. Today, more than 300 staff in Rwanda currently work in 23 out of 30 Districts, supporting more than 1.5 million people –especially children–through 26 area development programmes. As the National Director, you will make significant impact on children and their communities by:
- Providing overall strategic and operational leadership for World Vision Rwanda.
- Strategically leading, developing and directing the implementation of all aspects of World Vision Ministry in Rwanda as an effective member of the Partnership in line with Twin Citizenship principles to ensure high Ministry quality and high impact on the field.
- Ensuring that World Vision’s ministry is directly contributing to the sustained well-being of children and the fulfillment of their rights within families and communities.
- Representing World Vision to all donors, project partners, other World Vision Partnership offices and divisions, local Government, Church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according to given Power of Attorney.
- Master’s degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on leadership, team management, Social Science or other relevant skills
- 10+ years proven senior leadership experience in both development and humanitarian context
- Experience in managing effective and efficient operations of the organization demonstrating sound financial management (e.g. organizations with over 300 staff and a total budget of $ 29millions)
- Proven track record of leading multi-cultural teams in complex, culturally and politically-sensitive contexts and/or multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Is politically astute and shows strong diplomatic skills
- Strong commitment to World Vision Values, Mission and Vision
- Language proficiency in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.