“Fourth National Communication and Second Biennial Update Report” Project objective is to enable Armenia to prepare its Forth National Communication (4NC) under decision 17/CP7 and the Second Biennial Update Report under decision 2/CP17 of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. The 4NC and 2BUR will build upon previous studies, self-assessment exercises and will be based on the UNFCCC Guidelines. It will enable Armenia to present the updated information on Convention implementation in a consistent, transparent and comparable manner. The project will contribute to strengthening the institutional cooperation and capacity building within national institutions.
“National Adaptation Plan (NAP) to advance medium and long-term adaptation planning in Armenia” UNDP-GCF project builds on the national climate priorities summarized in the 2015 NDC, and will support the Government of Armenia to advance its medium and long-term adaptation planning. The Green Climate Fund resources will be used to enable the government to integrate climate change related risks, coping strategies and opportunities into ongoing development planning and budgeting processes. The Government of Armenia sees the NAP process as a key step to achieving the adaptation objectives of its 2015 Nationally Determined Contribution. The project will develop national, sectoral and territorial adaptation plans, their implementation strategies and other related documents to be approved by the Government of Armenia and/or Prime-Minister of Armenia. The priority sectors of the project: water, agriculture, energy, health, tourism and human settlements.
“Climate Change Education and Awareness Project – Climate Box” Project is to contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation in the ECIS region by facilitating changes in consumer behavior and a shift towards low-carbon and resilient societies. The project objective is to promote education and awareness on climate change impacts and drivers among ECIS youth and general public through scaled up implementation of the innovative interactive learning toolkit on climate change – the Climate Box.
The objective of this assignment is to provide professional and comprehensive consultancy to the UNDP Climate Change Programme on development of training and awareness raising materials, curricula, delivery mechanisms and facilitation of workshops on environment and climate change related issues for decision makers. He/she will be responsible for providing support to the project management in co-operation with stakeholder ministries on climate change related training and educational issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of UNDP Armenia Sustainable Growth and Resilience Portfolio Analyst, UNDP Climate Change Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of respective Project Manager and Task Leader, the National Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Review the Armenian educational system and existing approaches with regard to involvement of the climate change and particularly related to adaptation issues to obtain an understanding of the context of the knowledge and professional training needs.
- Assist in reviewing the educational materials available and recommended any other relevant documents and to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis.
- Provide consultancy to the UNDP Climate Change Programme team on training components on climate change related issues in Armenia for different stakeholder groups: ministry specialists, national assembly commissions, marz and community administrations, journalists and NGOs.
- Provide support in assessment of training needs, development of educational materials, curriculum, delivery mechanisms and facilitation of workshops for different target groups.
- Provide consultancy and support in organization of trainings and workshops planned in the scope of the climate change related projects aimed at increasing knowledge and capacities of climate change risks, vulnerabilities, adaptation and mitigation.
- Provide support in evaluation of effectiveness of training courses for target groups of decision makers, teaching CC topics at schools, etc. and provide relevant recommendations for key stakeholders and UNDP Climate Change Programme team on increasing the effectiveness and impact of training components.
- Provide consultancy and support in planning and implementation of activities aimed at building relevant capacities of governmental and educational institutions to address the climate change related issues.
- Provide consultancy and support in organization of the events aimed at increasing awareness raising on and promoting the concrete climate change adaptation and mitigation related activities, including those planned in the scope of governmental strategies and programmes and relevant to objectives of the climate change projects.
- Provide consultancy and support in introduction of environment and climate change related issues, particularly Climate Box interactive toolkit into curricula of general education in Armenia.
- Participate in the events related to the above mentioned activities and make presentations whenever required. Participate in and co-facilitate trainings and workshops with the Climate Change Programme team whenever required.
- Develop reports on all undertakings as relevant
Note: for each single specific call-offs, the respective detailed ToR with specified outputs and applicable number of working days will follow in line with the main scope of works of this assignment.
- Knowledge of the national educational framework;
- Ability to work independently and to participate effectively in a team-based information sharing, good communication skills;
- Demonstrated attention to details and organizational skills;
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Timely delivery of high-quality products.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in natural sciences or other relevant fields.
- At least 7 years of working experience in the sector of education with special focus on adult education;
- Proven experience in and good knowledge of the context of adult education approaches and the system of training of decision makers and/or civil servants of Armenia;
- Proven experience in implementation of projects related to adult education, building the capacities or other relevant educational projects;
- Experience in incorporation of environmental and climate change related topics into different educational levels, including general education and training of decision makers is a strong asset;
- Proven experience in building capacities of educational institutions and training of trainers;
- Proven experience in development of educational materials and facilitation of workshops;
- Proven experience in and good knowledge of the context of co-operation with governmental and educational institutions of Armenia;
- Experience with international organization and in international projects.
- Fluency in Armenian, English and Russian.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Financial Proposal and Availability form: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
- CV shall include Education/Qualification, Processional Certification, Employment Records /Experience
- Example/list of training and awareness raising materials developed by the applicant
General Conditions of Contract is available here: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).