FilmAid Kenya (FilmAid) is a development and humanitarian organization that harnesses the power and influence of film, media, and the arts to respond to displaced communities in need as well as promote social change. Using a participatory community-based approach, FilmAid provides displaced people with actionable information about their rights, their safety, their health, and their future. Using compelling video, radio, print, SMS, and digital media campaigns, FilmAid reaches over 400,000 people every year.
Additionally, FilmAid's 12-month Media training courses empower the next generation of storytellers with the skills they need to advocate for themselves, their community, and their right to a future filled with Hope. We believe that it is only by leveraging the talent and tenacity of refugee communities themselves that FilmAid can Project Hope, and Change Lives.
Position main function:
To support project planning, monitoring, and evaluation of Communicating with Communities activities in Kakuma Refugee Camp and share key lessons learnt.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead data collection, entry, cleaning, audits and filing for FilmAid Kenya projects and programme
- Lead reporting at various levels; organisational, project, donor, activity.
- Routinely update teams and management of progress, outcomes, results and impact in the course of implementation
- Create work plans to lead monitoring of activities with quality benchmarks and recommend course correction action plans.
- Provide technical support to the Field Manager and Programme Managers with research, reports, articles, statistics to support programme development in thematic areas of interest.
- Lead feedback session such as FGDs and surveys.
- Design data collection tools and implement their use across all projects and programmes implemented by FilmAid Kenya form 3 main pillars, Skills Development, Community Outreach and Media Content Creation.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis as required using data analysis software and share findings in prescribe output/Outcome/Impact formats.
- Manage a consolidated output tracker and support programmes with data compilation.
- Participate in research including supporting external evaluators and commissioned research projects.
- Supervise M&E staff, Consultants and Volunteers.
- Comply with FilmAid policies and practice with respect to protection of Persons of Concern, Code of Conduct, and Standards of Operation, Core Humanitarian Standards, CwC, C4D, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities within the overall function of Research and Learning as and when requested.
Capacity Building on M&E:
- Assess own capacity needs and that of Data Clerks with a view to recommend capacity development through on-job training, mentorship and formal training.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics preferred.
· At least 2 years practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation of donor projects preferred.
· Solid experience in data management and participatory research methods.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel.
· Working knowledge of electronic data collection and management platforms.
· Previous proven evidence of production of quality program and donor reports.
· Knowledge of mixed methodologies with ability to drive innovation and learning.
· Proven knowledge to undertake quantitative and anecdotal analysis.
· Proven experience on working with SPSS, STATA, Atlas.ti, QSR Nvivo, etc.
· Demonstrated professional maturity and able to work independently.
· Diverse with ability to conceptualize various projects.
Skills and Competencies:
· Knowledge of Excel based analysis.
· Good interpersonal skills for team working.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
· Ability to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments.
· Very good planning, reporting and presentation skills.
· Results oriented and focused.
· Ability to use various statistical software and tools.
· Ability to adopt in different location