Creative Associates seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Afghanistan, focusing on women's economic development through the creation of business enabling environments that enable women to enter the formal economy. The project will focus on building systems to support services for female job seekers and business owners, improving their knowledge and skills and providing increased access to finance and job markets.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the MEL Director is responsible for all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. The Director must ensure that all activities are in line with the USAID Feed the Future evaluation policy, as well as the ADS and monitoring and learning best practices.
- Delivers MEL plan meeting all requirements by USAID;
- Maintains learning agenda for the project;
- Achieves M&E deliverables
- Provides broad support on MEL design and implementation, monitoring strategies, partner organizations, and organizational capacity assessments;
- Manages the project's web-based M&E database;
- Guides learning agenda; and
- Reviews and updates performance monitoring plans.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters' degree in business, economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and five (5) additional years of relevant experience);
- At least five (5) years' technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and results-based management;
- Demonstrated understanding of cost-benefit analysis; and
- Experience in Afghanistan is required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.