We are seeking a full-time Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor, based in Silver Spring to provide technical guidance to all its projects around the world in establishing and as needed, amending performance indicators and targets, data collection and data quality assurance, and analytic approaches. This individual will support and guide teams in analyzing performance results, extracting and documenting key messages and learnings, selecting or designing data visualization formats and compiling MCDI project performance for reporting to the MCDI Director and MCD President and Board.
This individual will work with field teams to support their use of real-time performance data to guide efficient implementation of work plans, review strategies against results, and report on program progress in ways that will facilitate eventual impact analysis. Targets of activity include; establishing MEL tools including dashboards for each MCDI’s projects, establishing data collection and quality standards, routine, timely analysis of data collected, and effective use of data in reporting generated by project staff.
Primary goals are ensuring the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of datasets; understanding and reporting against key performance indicators as required by funders and donor agencies; building the competencies of project staff to collect, interpret, and use data during project implementation; contributing to business development efforts by helping design performance indicator and results monitoring plans; contributing to the development of a OneMCD (integrating MCD’s International and Public Health Divisions) MEL plan and strategy; contributing to the preparation of peer-reviewed publications.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing international organization.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Mathematical Modelling, Computer Science, Global Health, Clinical Research, or a related field;
· Significant experience applying qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method analysis, research and evaluation methods, including the processing of routine health sector data and household surveys.
· Experience developing sampling frames advantageous;
· Ability to analyze data using statistical software packages such as STATA or R required; ability to run multivariate analysis, time series, modelling and experiences in longitudinal studies desirable;
· Ability to use GIS software packages such as Arcview, MapInfo, MMS, MapServer or other; ability to use open source GIS software is advantageous;
· Familiarity with DHIS2 or other similar health management information systems;
· Advanced use of Excel;
- Understanding of key issues in global health and past field-level implementation experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Independent problem-solving capacity and a learning/growth orientation;
· Experience with training design and team instruction;
- Proven track record of successful teamwork using virtual collaboration;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Cultural sensitivity developed through prior experience living and/or working in a developing country;
· English language proficiency required; French language proficiency desired, with other languages advantageous.
Position: Mid- level
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland (with 10% anticipated travel)