GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
We are looking forward to establishing teams of health workers consisting of various cadres of health professionals to deliver lifesaving emergency health services to the population in need through this program with high impact on lives of the most vulnerable population groups.
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator takes the overall responsibility for ensuring a robust Monitoring Evaluation and Accountability and Learning system for the GREDO Programs by supporting the development of a MEAL system, building the capacity of Program Staff in MEAL, developing a reporting system and coordinating and managing information management within the programs.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Design and Quality Programs
• Ensure data are collected, analyzed and presented for decision making and program learning
• Lead the establishment of an accountability system that includes a feedback/complaints mechanism; a mechanism for sharing program information with beneficiaries and beneficiaries’ participation system.
• Ensure the roll out quality standards for monitoring including the adoption of all programs quality banks and action tracking in the consortium and thus project
• Ensure active participation of programs and Ministries of Education and implementing partners in the program MEAL system
• Work with the program director, to ensure dissemination of lesson and best practice in programs and recognition of the results of the project with GREDO.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Develop systems for documentation, learning and knowledge management in the programs Provide evidence-based information to the management team to enable engagement in relevant national and global networks.
• Identify opportunities for operational program research, support its undertaking and dissemination of results to different stakeholders for use in decision making, program learning and advocacy
• Ensuring close working relationships and regular communication on MEAL issues with all programs and implementing partners, state level and federal level and other organizations working in the program area, to ensure efficient and effective program implementation;
• Contribute to representing the principles and evidence- based work of the program to donors, EU, DFID, ECHO, and INGOs, government and other stake holders when required.
• Establish and maintain a MEAL working group as a platform for learning and experience sharing with regard to program performance management.
Staff Mentorship, and Development
• Build capacity and knowledge of all Program staff on MEAL, strengthening organizational knowledge and understanding of effective programming through networking and experience sharing.
• Identify training needs of program staff and respective ministries of education, partners with respect to MEAL and conduct trainings to address the capacity gaps.
• Identify capacity gaps related to program quality and recommend capacity building to technical teams.
• Compile and at the request of the senior management present analytical data on the performance and impact of all programs.
• Comply with and promote all GREDO Policies such as Child Safeguarding, child participation, whistle blowing, fraud and safety.
• Perform other duties as may be requested by the incumbent’s supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling GREDO values
• Holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for GREDO, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in social sciences, statics, social work, social administration, development studies, data science or other relevant academic discipline.
• Minimum three years practical experience in M&E system management, coordination/implementation in a large international nongovernmental organization or other international relief/development body;
• Demonstrable track-record in data analysis and data management, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and disseminate complex information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
• Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
• Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments; Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Commitment to GREDO policies and values.
• Background experience and knowledge of Child Protection, Education, FSL, WASH and Health and Nutrition programs.
• Data science
• Background experience in ICT for development specifically use mobile technology in MEAL
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
The candidate will be based in Baidoa, but frequent travels to meet beneficiaries and field visits is required.