Please note that the person selected for this position will be offered a contract with UNDP under its National Personnel Services Agreement modality (N-PSA 8); the UNDP Service Contract modality is phasing out over the coming year. More information about the N-PSA is available here.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Government of Ukraine is in urgent need to secure the availability of the State Programme medicines and essential health commodities at affordable prices and in sufficient quantities. Acknowledging the challenges of the State procurement and supply management system and following adopted legislation, allowing the selected international organizations to provide procurement support services, as an emergency measure the Ministry of Health of Ukraine has requested the UN to support the procurement and distribution of a number of State Programme medicines and other medical products.
- Develop and refine H&T Programme results and M&E Frameworks. Ensure that H&T Programme components have results-based annual work plans with indicators, baselines and targets, established at outcome, output and activity levels;
- Ensure optimal use of evaluation by providing guidance and coordination in preparation of timely management response to all evaluations, follow up on the implementation of management response actions
- Consolidate lessons learned and recommendations from the completed evalautions to ensure continuous learning and imeplementation of best practices by UNDP in the design of interventions;
- Provide support to the project, programme, other evaluations by providing documentation, relevant data and evidence as requested;
- Update and maintain H&T Programme’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plan capturing qualitative and quantitative aspects, according to the annual work plans and log frame according to the UNDP quality standards;
- Ensure high quality and accuracy of H&T Programme results presented in donor reports and communications materials;
- Develop monitoring data system, coordinate its adoption and proper data maintenance;
- Facilitate development of new activities by defining outcomes, outputs and SMART indicators;
- Ensure that evaluations, assessments and other M&E products are designed and implemented in accordance with established UNDP quality standards, and the results are disseminated in a timely manner to stakeholders in order to improve performance and contribute to wider learning;
- Design and implement innovative solutions to data gathering and monitoring;
- Ensure integration of SDG targets into H&T Programme reports and strategies;
- Ensure timely and quality input to UN corporate reporting platforms and corporate reports and plans: IWP, ROAR, IATI, Atlas project module, UN INFO, IMRP; Collect data and report on the contribution of H&T Programme to the achievement of UNDP Strategic Plan and UNDP in Ukraine Country Programme Document outcomes and outputs;
- Ensure mainstreaming of gender equality in all aspects of M&E and reporting, promotion of a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behaviour, and gender-responsive communications based on corporate principles;
- Identify and formulate evaluation and audit findings, lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader UNDP knowledge management;
- Promote the shared responsibility of M&E function among all staff members and partners through communication, training, learning and development activities Programme-wide. Build capacities of H&T Programme staff and stakeholders on best practices in RBM, UNDP rules and guidelines on project cycle, UNDP Strategic objectives and interlinkages;
- Collaborate and coordinate with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues; keep abreast of latest development and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies;
- Perform other functions as requested by H&T Programme management.
- H&T Programme M&E plans are developed and implemented timely and within budgets;
- H&T Programme regularly collects data on its progress, relying on innovative data gathering methods when appropriate;
- Donor and other reports are prepared in line with the UNDP standards and accepted practices;
- Effective mechanisms for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the H&T Programme implementation, including development of tools and processes established in line with UNDP rules and requirements;
- UNDP H&T Programme staff demonstrates high level of knowledge and practical skills in RBM and M&E
- Data collection system is designed in a participatory-manner
- Output and outcome level data is captured, documented and reported in a results-based and timely manner;
- M&E activities are designed and implemented in compliance with UNDP standards, the results are disseminated in a timely manner, evaluation recommendations are followed and optimally used;
- All assignments performed in a quality and timely manner
- Multi-year and annual M&E plans for H&T Programme are fully and timely implemented in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Regular reports are developed;
- Monitoring activities are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- High quality scores for corporate reporting inputs
Description of Competency at Level Required
•Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact
•Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards
•Look beyond conventional approaches and established methods
•Propose new ideas, approaches and solutions to problems
•Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development professionally and personally
•Keep abreast of new developments in one’s professional area
Adapt with Agility
•Be flexible in handling change, and adopt new ideas, approaches and ways of working
•Seamlessly adapt to working within new situations or contexts, with new people, and in different ways
Act with Determination
•Pursue everything with motivation and drive
•Not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrate resilience and composure
Engage and Partner
•Act in a way that demonstrates empathy and emotional intelligence, showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others
•Demonstrate and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
•Treat all individuals with respect, consider ethical implications and respond sensitively to all differences among people
•Fully accept and value all people, creating an inclusive environment
•Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
Effective Decision Making
•Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
•Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
•Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Digital Awareness and Literacy
•Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Data Analysis and Presentation
•Identify trends and issues associated with unusual or complex transactions and present data in a meaningful manners to facilitate discussions, draw conclusions or make pragmatic decisions.
•Extensive data analysis ability to extract and examine data sets in order to draw conclusions about information, trends and statistics. It can be done with the aid of specialized systems and software.
Results-based Management - key concepts and techniques
•Abiliity to apply key RBM concepts and other techniques to assess programme/project design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Advanced university degree (Masters’s degree or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Management, Political or Social Sciences, Data or Business Analytics or other related fields is required. Bachelor’s degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Up to 2 years with Master’s degree or equivalent, or full 2 years with Bachelor’s degree, of professional experience, at the national or international level, in programme/project development, monitoring and evaluations, RBM, donor reporting or other relevant fields is required.
- Prior experience within UN system, with international organizations or non-profit organizations will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNDP M&E requirements and M&E Framework will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian
Important applicant information
All posts in the N-PSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months with possible extension