Duty Station: Mauritania with frequent travel to the field
Reporting to: Country Director
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Implementation Strategy
· Support successful implementation of programs, ensuring appropriate M&E platforms are set up and project staff are oriented in M&E approach.
· Cultivate participatory planning and monitoring by engaging primary stakeholder groups in M&E activities
· Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project
· Oversee and execute M&E activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learnt
· Support teams on program cycle steps (situational analyses, performance evaluations, assessments)
· Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
· Support M&E team in monitoring all protection programme activities, progress and bottlenecks and maintaining program files and documentation, including maintaining the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ data
· Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project success;
· Conduct monitoring visits to project sites. Support the development of appropriate M&E tools and the collection of program data from program sites
· Provide regular evaluation reports beneficiary satisfaction, needs and demands. Ensure participation from beneficiaries in program development, implementation, and evaluation and feedback mechanisms for accountability
· Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops, as well UN agencies thematic meetings (WG, IA, etc.)
· Develop and update capacity-building plan for staff
· Provide inputs for Programme Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned and documentation, as well as with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
· Support in the selection, training and support of qualified project staff
· Draft proposals, under the direction of M&E, Reporting and Support Manager at HQ level in consultation with Country Director
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Management.
In addition, like all RET Staff
- Comply with internal policies, ensuring that activities and their performance comply with what is established in RET's Code of Conduct and other Manuals;
- Work as a team member to achieve RET’s goals;
- Manage in a transparent way RET’s resources, fulfilling effectively and efficiently the tasks entrusted;
- Propose, constructively, alternative solutions to problems that arise in the work area.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· University Degree in social sciences, statistics, public policy, international relations or related field. Master’s degree related fields is preferred.
· At least 3-5 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and/or program learning preferably with a focus on protection and/or development.
· Strong training skills and the ability to work across teams and with associates and build capacity for reporting against project indicators
· Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
· Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
· Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, with proven understanding of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
· Experience in refining data collection tools, designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems, data quality assessments and oversight.
· Experience in EU and USAID Project Proposal writing skills
· Experience in EU and USAID Project Management is highly desirable and EU/USAID Project Technical Assistance will be a plus
· Knowledge of and experience in working with refugees and disadvantaged groups
· Computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel. Additional information on STATA/SPSS and other software are welcome.
· Fluency in French and English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic language an advantage.
Please submit your resume, including three (3) job references and cover letter in English until October 9, 2021, to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject of your message: “MRT_M&E Officer”.