ARK Group is a stabilisation and development company committed to empowering local communities and beneficiaries in conflict, post-conflict, and fragile areas through the provision of evidence-based programmatic interventions, policy recommendations, research and capacity-building. Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability, enhancing social social cohesion and resilience whist promoting human security, development and economic opportunity with a focus on the following UN Sustainable Development Goals – Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, Reduced Inequalities, Gender Equality and Partnerships for the Goals.
ARK’s approach combines mixed-methods research with strong, consistent engagement with local communities and stakeholders to bridge the gap between the aspirations of local communities and the priorities of governmental and multilateral actors, thus informing the design and implementation of relevant interventions. Utilising innovative quantitative and qualitative methodologies to generate data, we deliver, monitor, evaluate and learn from our programming.
ARK believes in enabling local communities to realise their aspirations and potential through the participatory design of projects and programmes that address the drivers and causes of conflict and instability. We are responsive and accountable to the communities we work in because so many of our staff and partners are from those communities.
We value inclusive, academically-rigorous, ethically-driven research and participatory design. We are innovators and incubators, finding and nurturing solutions in cooperation with our partners, whilst seeking to bridge the gap between our donors and the communities they wish to support. To the traditional project management disciplines of Economy, Effectiveness Efficiency and Equity, we add Empathy.
With over twenty nationalities in the company, we embrace diversity, nurture opportunity and leverage the youthful enthusiasm of our staff, whilst drawing on the experience and expertise of our more senior staff. We believe in hard work, delivering results that everyone can be proud of, and caring for each other. Our staff are our biggest asset and their welfare is our first priority.
ARK is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to be based in our Beirut office. This role’s main purpose is to carry out M&E activities on a community resilience project in the Palestinian camps in Lebanon, under the support of the Project Manager.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop and implement project-specific M&E plan to meet client requirements.
- Assist in the development of the M&E system, designing M&E tools, and overseeing data collection and analysis for the project.
- Oversee monitoring of project outputs and outcomes according to logframe and implementation timeframe, raising concerns to the Project Manager.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data from beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders.
- Quality assure all data collected (timeliness, accuracy, validity, reliability, integrity, completeness)
- Participate in training sessions on M&E principles for capacity development and awareness among ARK staff and partners.
- Support the mainstreaming of gender and conflict sensitivity throughout project activities and M&E processes, including reporting.
- Produce reporting as per the project M&E plan’s reporting schedule.
- Track, read, and back-brief on relevant research and methodologies produced by leading academic institutions, think tanks, and other reputable research organisations.
- Contribute to relevant publications, external events (e.g. conferences) as relevant and appropriate.
- University degree in a relevant Social Science field. Masters degree is an advantage.
- Experience working on projects that focus on social cohesion , governorance and/or resilience is highly desirable.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience using research methods with mixed-methods data collection and analysis skills, and deep knowledge about the key concepts and theories underpinning expert debates on the topic.
- Experience working in Lebanon preferred, and strong knowledge of the Middle East required, including understanding of political, cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivities in the region.
- Fluent Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, specifically the ability to deliver succinct and persuasive analysis.