Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer for the USAID funded project Initiative for Media Freedom (IMF), which has the goal of enhancing democratic governance that provides economic, political and social inclusion and advances social stability by supporting a free media environment. The M&E Officer reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and collaborates with Regional M&E Specialist in Bangkok to design and manage monitoring and evaluation of the IMF program. The M&E Officer will work with the Program Officers to collect data from activities and prepare regular reporting on M&E.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Work with the Chief of Party, Internews’ M&E staff, and local partners to design a reporting and M&E framework and systems for the IMF project.
· Hold Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and use feedback to adapt the MEL plan and data collection systems accordingly.
· Responsible for collecting, verifying, and reporting M&E data required in the IMF M&E plan in compliance with USAID’s and Internews’ data quality standards.
· Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way.
· Develop M&E tools required to collect necessary M&E data
· Monitor, review and ensure the quality of M&E data from Key Partners, mentors, grantees, and technical specialists.
· Input all required training and M&E data into USAID’s online systems as required by the project agreement.
· Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the approved workplan.
· Assist the Chief of Party and other project staff in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines. Work closely with project and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary.
· Coordinate with subgrantees to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail, and clarity.
· Respond to requests from the donor and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target countries/partners promptly and accurately.
· Conduct internal mid-term and final project evaluations with the support from Regional and HQ M&E staff
· Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in conjunction with other project staff as required.
· Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
· At least 3 years professional experience in the field of performance measurement for social development activities and/or media. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
· Experience in conducting mid-term and final project evaluations and reporting
· Experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems. Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s database systems.
· Experience with relevant M&E and communications software, such as Excel, SPSS, In-Design, Photoshop etc.
· Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets in the Philippines
· Experience in coordinating with several partners is preferred, but not required
· Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience providing technical support to a cross-section of staff and local partners.
· Fluency in English and Tagalog
· Solid English writing skills, to a publishable standard.
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
· Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
· Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
· Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the project target countries.
· Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent standard of education. Master’s degree and/or professional training in M&E preferred.