Position Name: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant**
Position Reports To: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Period of Performance: 5 Months
No of Slots: 2
G-ANC is a 2-year project sub awarded to Jhpiego by technical Advice Connect (TA CONNECT). The G-ANC project will provide technical assistance (TA) to Nasarawa State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and State Public Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) scaleup and institutionalize Group antenatal care (ANC) within maternal and new born health (MNH) services in public health facilities to improve the quality and experience of ANC for pregnant women through the state. The overall project goal is to improve reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) outcomes for pregnant women and their babies in Nasarawa State thus helping the State achieve its MNH annual and long-term targets.
Achieving the objectives of the G-ANC project requires a strong and efficient strategic information system that is able to use data to inform programmatic decisions. The right decisions depend on the correct data. This requires the availability and use of correct data at all levels.
- Provided continuous targeted mentorship to facility and community health care providers on correct use and proper documentation of standard national data capture and reporting tools
- Provide technical support to health facilities in ensuring that data are accurately captured, analyzed on monthly basis, used for decision making and reported to the LGA and Jhpiego according to set guidelines
- Support monthly data entry into the Jhpiego DHIS stance
- Review Project data from the state DHIS stance and communicate relevant LGA M&E officers on errors identified
- Work with facilities to ensure the data submitted to state and Jhpiego meet the data quality standards through conducting monthly data verifications, Data Quality Audits (DQAs) and sharing feedback with all the relevant stakeholders including developing action oriented DQA improvement plans.
- Support, coordinate and actively participate in monthly data review meetings.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Graduate in Science related courses, post graduate degree would be an added advantage
- 3 years of working experience related to monitoring and evaluation
- Possess good quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Planning, coordination and organizational skills
- · Understanding of Hausa language would be an added advantage.