Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative currently seeks to hire a Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (M&E Coordinator) for its Berlin office to provide support to the monitoring and evaluation of an International Development project in the Middle East context. Under the MER Manager, the M&E Coordinator is responsible for implementing the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan, overseeing M&E activities, and drafting reports on program outcomes. The M&E Coordinator is expected to work 40 hr/week. This position is contingent on donor funding.
Reporting Line and Responsibility
The M&E Coordinator reports to the MER Manager and is responsible for remotely coordinating the work of up to 3 staff members.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Implement the program M&E plan that assesses the outcomes of activities and performance against the Results Monitoring Plan (RMP);
· Contribute to and finalize weekly and quarterly reports on an ad hoc basis for the MER Manager to review;
· Draft data collection tools such as survey, focus group discussion, and key informant interview guides for approval from MER Manager;
· Develop a standard set of project M&E templates for field team use to collect and track indicator data for reporting up to the project RMP;
· Develop a verification mechanism for activities, equipment and other operational support and train staff on this mechanism;
· Manage M&E data collection in the field, with oversight from the MER Manager, and coordinate the field team work to ensure program meets data collection targets;
· Analyze quantitative and qualitative data and report against program indicator performance for quarterly and ad hoc evaluation reports;
· Update and manage project repository for M&E data;
· Serve as liaison between MER team and program team so ensure there is coordination between the two teams on planned program activities and MER efforts;
· Provide capacity-building mentoring and training to team members so they are better able to collect high quality data, analyze findings, and draft reporting for team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· University degree in social sciences, management or related technical field, or equivalent experience
· At least two years of experience in monitoring and evaluating programs in transitional environment;
· Native written and spoken Arabic and advanced written and spoken proficiency in English required;
· Strong knowledge of M&E systems and processes;
· Demonstrated experience designing and analyzing performance indicators;
· Experience designing remote data collection plans and tools in transitional environments;
· Previous experience in evaluating and reporting on program results;
· Knowledge of data analysis, management and work stream management software is a plus;
· Knowledge of computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications;
· Demonstrable experience working independently and taking initiative;
· Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas, as well as impart knowledge and teach skills;
· Work eligibility in Germany required.
Job Type: Contract