Cord is an international NGO that works to build lasting peace in partnership with people living and working in conflict or post-conflict situations.
We are seeking an external consultant to conduct a mid-term evaluation of a European Union funded project on indigenous people, land rights and environmental protection implemented in Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam. Launched in January 2019 Cord and its local partners Development and Partnership and Action (DPA) in Cambodia and Centre for Sustainable Development in Mountainous Areas (CSDM) in Vietnam, have jointly developed and implemented this 36-month project which is due to be completed in December 2021. The consultant will evaluate the progress of project activities, implemented throughout the first 18 months, towards achieving the intended outcomes and impact.
The evaluator(s) and/or firm should have the following skills and experience:
- Fluency in English language (Essential)
- Significant professional experience in Peacebuilding, Human Rights and/or organisational capacity development
- Strong understating of the political, human rights (particularly land and environment) and civil society contexts in Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam
- Significant experience conducting evaluations for complex, multi-country projects
- Experience of and personal commitment to working with sensitivity in politically sensitive environments and conflict contexts
- At least 5 years senior experience in participatory monitoring, evaluation, research and report writing in English
- Understanding of peacebuilding approaches and principles and conflict sensitivity
- Strong analytical skills