IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extended access to quality education and information.
USAID Takamol has been dedicated to gender equity and women’s empowerment at policy, national, and community levels in Jordan since 2014. USAID Takamol supports the Government of Jordan (GOJ) to incorporate gender considerations into policymaking, in order to achieve equal rights and opportunities for men and women. With expertise and outreach from civil society partners, Takamol supports the GoJ to address gender priorities related to access to justice, political participation, inclusive education, and economic empowerment. Takamol leads participatory gender assessment, delivers technical assistance, provides grants, and convenes a Community of Practice with the objective of enhancing gender equity and female empowerment. The program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world.
With direct management support of the M&E and Capacity-Building Advisor, the M&E and Learning Coordinator will ensure USAID Takamol fulfills its Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) and will support ongoing learning and evaluation across the program. The Coordinator will be responsible for recording M&E data in a timely and accurate manner. This is an ideal role for someone with an attention to detail. The position will be on a fixed-term employment contract through 31 March 2021.
Description of Responsibilities
· Regular data collection from USAID Takamol Program activities in a timely, reliable, valid, and precise manner
- Data collection from grantees and ensuring data is reliable and is being collected on time for reporting periods.
· Providing support to grantees in data collecting and reporting through frequent follow up and mentoring;
· Enter collected data in Takamol’s M&E tracker(s)
· Conduct regular data entry USAID Geographical Information System (GIS) and TraiNet
· Maintain organized digital and hard copies of all M&E related files and supporting documentation through a well-organized filling system for all tools and reports developed and collected by the M&E department
· Contribute to the development of data collection instruments as required
· Conduct regular data quality assurance tests and assist in analyzing indicator data
· Prepare data summary, data analysis, and M&E reports.
· Support research and development of learning studies
· Contribute to the development of programmatic reporting, communications, and deliverables as required
· Collect data for evaluation and reporting needs through interviewing participants and stakeholders, observing activities, and conducting desk research;
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as but not limited to social studies, international development and women’s studies.
· At least two years of experience in data processing and analysis, assessment and monitoring.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, knowledge of other statistical software is a plus.
· Preferred experience working with civil society and government stakeholders in Jordan.
· Excellent writing and editing skills in both Arabic and English;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
· Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
· Proven organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility;
· Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives with strong ability to anticipate challenges and generate solutions;
· Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to legally work in Jordan.