The Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA) leads and supports the organization in cultivating, building and nurturing strategic relationships and alliances that are essential for advancing and successfully achieving the mission of UNDP. Within BERA, the Communications Group (CG) leads and manages external communications through strategy, media, digital communications, marketing, branding and global storytelling.
UNDP is recruiting a Marketing Creative Lead and Copywriter who will support UNDP's marketing initiatives to reach and engage key audiences. The selected candidate will report and work with the Manager of Marketing and Outreach (M&O) Team; s/he will be responsible for developing and expanding digital marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness, raise funds and engage new audiences through existing and new digital platforms. The Marketing Creative Lead and Copywriter will also oversee the M&O Team’s creative projects from conception to final production, working in partnership with and guiding the work of designers, and collaborating with other teams on corporate priorities and campaigns.
The Marketing Creative Lead and Copywriter will collaborate other creatives across the CG to create content web aligned with search engine marketing best practices—increasing traffic to our digital platforms—and develop creative assets for digital campaigns, including headlines and body copy.
The selected candidate will also be involved in the creative aspects related to UNDP’s e-commerce platform by proposing initiatives to increase sales, identifying and proposing new and innovative products, among other tasks related to day-to-day operations. S/he should be able to work with limited resources by suggesting innovative approaches and ideas to maximize reach, engagement, and conversion metrics of campaigns both in owned and paid media.
The Marketing Creative Lead and Copywriter will be part of the M&O team, working in close collaboration with the Online and Digital, Fundraising and Engagement and Media and Advocacy teams in the CG, within BERA.
Conceptualize, develop and expand digital marketing campaigns for awareness initiatives
- Create digital campaigns, from concept to execution and deployment;
- Propose a digital media mix to increase reach of UNDP’s message and audience engagement;
- Employ search engine marketing tactics (SEO and paid) to grow traffic and conversions;
- Maximize return on investment on promoted content;
- Conceptualize and lead the development of creative collaterals for flagship events.
Lead the production of campaigns and creative assets for UNDP global communications
- Represent the team and liaise with internal clients—from executive-level staff to technical specialists;
- Ideate and write creative headlines and body copy for digital campaigns;
- Ideate and write copy for products such as infographics, lists, emails, among others;
- Write scripts for videos and animations;
- Work closely with in-house designers, external consultants, and other teams to ensure all creative assets are refreshed frequently and are as relevant and impactful as possible;
- Ensure that creatives are aligned with visual and editorial standards. Act as focal point for select; corporate products, liaising with internal clients in the Executive Office (ExO) and other Bureaux;
- Conceptualize and lead the creative development of UNDP's 2019 Annual Report;
- Create social media posts for SDG campaigns.
Promote growth of UNDP’s e-commerce platform
- Create campaigns to increase sales of UNDP/SDGs products, raising awareness for UNDP and SDGs;
- Write creative copy for the e-commerce website using the latest SEO strategies;
- Identify and propose new products to increase sales of branded products;
- Write search optimized web pages for UNDP Shop;
- Write advertising campaigns for UNDP and UNDP Shop.
Oversee the work of the creative marketing team
- Collaborate with designers and oversee their work, ensuring final product is delivered on time and adhere to the highest standards of quality;
- Lead and guide the Marketing Team in the absence of the team manager;
- Assist with coordination of ad-hoc advisory and task groups.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Ability to plan, organize, motivate, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
Marketing Creative Copywriting
- Create new ideas for branding, advertising campaigns and marketing messages, understanding design and copy, and recognizing fresh approaches to advertising while being aware of organizational constraints.
- Ability to engage UNDP’s constituents and encourage action.
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge.
- Ability to engage with other agencies and forge productive working relationships.
- Advanced degree in Communications, Copywriting, Marketing, Journalism or related discipline;
- First degree acceptable with an additional five (5) years of work experience in relevant field.
- A minimum of five (5) recent years of proven experience conceptualizing and executing marketing communications campaign is required;
- Ability to write creative copy and translate ideas into advertising products, demonstrated in digital portfolio;
- Experience optimizing content for search engine marketing required;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a creative lead in advertising;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in e-commerce and direct marketing;
- Ability to produce high quality products under tight deadlines;
- Previous work experience within the UN System or similar organization is considered an asset
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Exceptional Mastery of written and spoken English is required; fluency in another UN language is an asset (particularly in Spanish or French).
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 364 days