Our client, a faith-based non-profit organization, is hiring a Manager, Missionary Accompaniment in the Atlanta, GA area.
- Provides resources and support to new and transitioning missionaries including one on one educational discussions as needed to ensure their solid understanding of required reporting and submissions of their expenses and other required elements related to their missionary service.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to develop necessary resources and procedural processes to support all missionaries
- In collaboration with Missionary Service staff, develop and lead on-going continuing education for missionaries including GMFs.
- Manage missionary policies and handbook to ensure compliance and resolve issues and concerns
- Work closely with Executive Director of Missionary Service to provide on-going accompaniment of support and accountability to missionaries
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ensures that new missionaries are fully acclimated to systems and processes required to comply with policies, procedures, and protocols around financial reporting and utilization of expenses related to their housing, travel and other reimbursable items.
Solves issues for missionaries about policy compliance and works with other Missionaries/units throughout the Board to swiftly resolve issues and concerns.
Creates content and holds virtual educational sessions around existing and new policies/practices.
Develop curriculum for continuing education and development for missionaries
- Masters or BA with a combination of equivalent experience.
Experience with educational systems and education practices
3 to 5 years of experience with at least 1 year of managing people
2 to 3 years of community-based experiences in diverse and bilingual faith-based settings including missionary placement site experience.
Experience with financial reporting and budgeting
KEY JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Communication - job requires being comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and you choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate with different audiences in diverse situations while strengthening relationships.
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving — job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems; ability to research, analyze and evaluate information to resolve challenges and problems and identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option.
Initiative – the ability to direct one's energies towards the completion of a goal, without an external catalyst; tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.