General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Reporting to the MIS Coordinator, the MIS Manager is responsible for the implementation of integration of information systems specific to GOAL Syria programme operations and delivery of humanitarian assistance. The MIS Manager coordinate and execute the implementation of information systems intended to facilitate the flow of programme-related data for improved information management, analysis, reporting, monitoring and progress tracking purposes. The MIS Manager will also work with the MIS Coordinator to troubleshoot and address communications and data management problems for GOAL Syria’s Programmes Department.
Information Management Systems Implementation, Support and Monitoring
- Develop data systems or platforms in ASP.Net with C# language for Programmes and Logistics Departments in regard to tracking of delivery of assistance and beneficiary information
- Consolidate programme databases of GOAL and Partner organizations as received from relevant Programme team information focal points
Reporting, Analysis, and Information Dissemination
- Ensure regular and consistent updating of programme beneficiary and assistance delivery data via appropriate reporting software/platform
- Generate summary statistics, and rapid and initial analysis and findings from Programme databases, M&E datasets and/or other sources of data to support data requests from Programmes and Grants teams
- Verify beneficiary reporting figures for quarterly and final donor reports, ensuring that reported figures best match with sources of information
Data Quality Control
- Carry out data quality checks on Programme and Program Quality-related databases (including beneficiary databases, delivery of assistance databases, complaints trackers and reporting figures) of GOAL and Partner organizations.
- Support MIS Coordinator with implementation of data quality audits on GOAL Syria and partner Programme, Accountability, and M&E databases (including beneficiary databases, WASH database).
- Provide technical support to GOAL Partners on beneficiary and programme assistance databases.
- Identify capacity building and professional development needs of GOAL MIS team, and support with delivery of in-house training.
Management, Coordination, Representation and Other
- Line manage one MIS Officer and provide necessary mentorship and capacity building.
- Act as administrator for Programme Quality team for GOAL Syria’s CommCare accounts, PowerBi access, and any other ICT packages
- Attend relevant meetings on information and data management
- Maintain close coordination with Field MIS Manager and provide technical support and guidance
- Ensure back-up and organization of all data and information sources (hard copy, soft copy)
- Support and implement GOAL data protection policies.
- BA in mathematics, computer science or economics, MA preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a position with similar management and responsibilities.
- Experience with IT, particularly database design and management
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications including programming, Microsoft Excel and Access
- Familiarity with digital data gathering platforms and software
- Basic understanding of M&E principles, methodologies, data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Basic understanding of grant reporting for humanitarian donors
- Flexible about working long hours
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), good writing skills in Arabic and English
- Knowledge of ASP.NET web application development
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI
- Prior work experience in humanitarian organization
- Familiarity with CommCare and KoBo, digital data gathering platforms/software
- Strong understanding of M&E principles, methodologies, data collection, analysis and interpretation.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.