Afghanistan Value Chains – High Value Crops
Licorice Processing Line Expert
Period of Performance *On/About (From – To)*
TBD based on need.
Base of Operations
position reports to
The Afghanistan Value Chains -High Value Crops (AVC-HVC) Project works with anchor firms nationwide to reverse market failures, strengthen backward and forward linkages, drive growth, and create jobs for men, women, and youth, while supporting the rapid growth of the fruit and nuts, high-value horticulture, spices, and medicinal crops value chains.
The consultant will work closely with one of AVC-HVC’s anchor firm in Balkh, Afghanistan to install and optimize a licorice extraction and processing line as well as lab equipment to optimize setup and efficiency. The consultant will also provide training on running operations and conducting routine maintenance for the machinery and lab equipment.
Objectives and Duties
- Conduct in-depth check of the machinery and identify any critical replacement parts or required modifications needed to properly install and operationalize the equipment.
- Work with the firm’s mechanics to lead installation of the licorice extraction and processing machinery to enable it to its optimal capacity/performance.
- Oversee the operation of the processing line for 5 consecutive days, to ensuring its optimal operation.
- Train all company staff on operating the machinery and lab equipment and their various functions.
- Train all company processing staff on the machinery’s routine maintenance needs.
- Train all company staff on trouble-shooting and how to prevent critical issues before they occur.
- Fully-operationalize the Licorice Extraction & Processing line and the Lab Equipment.
- Train all processing staff (~10 staff) on operating the licorice extraction and processing equipment.
- Train all lab staff (~5 staff) on calibration and optimization of lab equipment to conduct required lab tests.
- Train all relevant staff in routine maintenance needs for machinery and lab equipment.
- Train all company staff on trouble-shooting and how to prevent critical issues before they occur
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering and any other related fields. Master is preferred.
- At least 4 years of In-depth experience in the manufacturing, assembling and installation of food processing machineries especially Licorice Extraction and Processing line and/ similar lines.
- Experience in conducting user trainings for the users of sophisticated food processing machineries especially Liquor ice Extraction and Processing line and/ similar lines.
- Ability to develop training manuals and training presentations .