Creative Associates International seeks a Labor Competencies Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded youth workforce development, employment and inclusion opportunity in Honduras. The Labor Competencies Advisor will be responsible for skills resource mobilization, education and training programs and labor competencies resulting in improved livelihoods for youth. S/he will liaise with community organizations, government stakeholders, youth organizations and NGOs to design and implement youth skills development to match private sector demand. S/he will provide guidance on developing formal labor competencies to improve youth outcomes.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Labor Competencies Advisor reports to the Senior Innovations, Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment Officer.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including private sector, vocational schools and TVET providers;
- Provide guidance on entrepreneurship skills development strategy;
- Facilitate enrollment of out-of-school and over-aged youth through development pipelines with youth-serving organizations and institutions, and attractive incentives for participation;
- Lead implementation of labor competencies agenda to match private sector demand;
- Contribute to relevant curricula development to improve youth soft skills; and
Support the development of labor competencies policy.**Qualifications**
A Master's Degree in social sector planning, business, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and five (5) additional years of relevant experience);
At least five (5) years of technical experience in developing and implementing youth-focused livelihoods development, especially in Honduras; and
Experience with entrepreneurship programming is highly desired.