The Department of Research and Analysis is seeking a Junior Research Associate to support its activities and programs. The Junior Research Associate will be based at Hedayah’s headquarters in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Support the development, design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Hedayah’s Research and Analysis activities
- Conduct desk research, field research, and statistical analysis to support Hedayah’s activities on CVE topics
- Write and publish research reports and journal articles on CVE topics
- Provide technical and content support the development of research resources and tools for the international CVE community (e.g. Counter-Narrative Library, MASAR)
- Coordinate and organize events, workshops, and conferences that fall under the Department’s responsibilities
- Work with Research and Analysis Department team to draft and edit concept notes, proposals, budgets, event materials and final reports for research activities;
- Provide administrative, operational, budgetary and logistical support to Department’s activities
- Participate in Facilitation and Presentations, when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree (Ph.D. is a plus) in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Peace Studies, Terrorism Studies, Cooperation and Development, Political Science, Social Sciences and/or International Law, or related areas;
- At least 1 year of professional experience in international environments and/or research, and/or working with governments and civil society (for candidates with a Ph. D, the requirement of professional experience is waived).
- Additional experience is an advantage;
- Demonstrated topical knowledge in Countering Violent Extremism, Counter-Terrorism and/or International Relations;
- Experience in Project Management highly desirable;
- Experience in a research institution or academic center is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated research and writing skills; excellent analytical abilities;
- Demonstrated publications in an academic research setting;
- Fluent in English; familiarity with an additional language (Arabic preferred) is a plus;
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including governments, policy makers, community leaders and actors, NGOs, practitioners, and experts;
- Able to work independently as well as within a team;
- Able to manage internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity, and discretion;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of data management tools (e.g. Content Management Systems) is a plus;
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and software (e.g. STATA, SPSS) is a plus; and
- Willingness to travel, including to medium to high-risk countries.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- The recruit shall start as soon as possible in Abu Dhabi and the contract shall initially be for one year, potentially renewable upon mutual agreement.