Key Internal Interfaces: OFDA Travel Team, OFDA PSCs, Macfadden PMU
Key External Interfaces: USAID Travel Office
Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a Junior Travel Specialist supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). The Junior Travel Specialist supports the OFDA Travel team, assisting with travel arrangements for office personnel.
- Supports the Travel Team to ensure that all travel arrangements, documents and document processes are compliant for the client and corporate.
- Provide clear communication to all customers on the travel process while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining physical and virtual document filing systems.
- Maintain lists and follow-up on all actions, be highly organized, pay close attention to detail, have excellent proofreading skills with a mastery of English grammar, and be able to handle multi-tasking well.
- Possess sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prepare travel authorizations in accordance with the Agency's Travel Regulations. Obtain country clearances and assure appropriate accounting information is included on all Travel Authorizations (TAs). Coordinate with the traveler and with the USAID travel agent to provide the travel with a travel authorization and ticket receipt.
- Assist USAID travelers with the preparation, review and submission of travel voucher package.
- Process applications and requests for renewals of Diplomatic and Official passports for program-funded staff.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with administrative and financial personnel in USAID Missions, M/FM, regional financial management service centers, USAID Travel Office (M/AS/TT) and the Agency’s Travel Agent to facilitate the timely processing of requests and resolution of problems encountered;
- Process visa applications and requests for renewals of Diplomatic and Official passports.
Administrative Support and Documentation Systems
- Ensure the maintenance of hard and electronic files and assist in maintaining tracking systems for travel related documents such as: travel authorizations, vouchers, scanned passports, photos, medical evacuation policy information, etc.
- Provide reporting support, prepare correspondence and documents.
- Maintain project physical files and "real time" record of all current travelers and their itineraries
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic US Government travel policy.
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of E2 Solutions and Abacus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the relationship between E2 Solutions, Abacus, and Phoenix
- Ability to write memos, waivers, and other written communication clearly and with minimal grammatical mistakes.
QUALITY OF WORK
- Can submit basic Travel Authorizations (single destination) in E2 Solutions with limited supervision with minimal mistakes
- Understands the voucher process in E2 and can assist the client with submitting a simple voucher single destination) in E2 solutions with limited supervision with minimal mistakes
- Can verify basic corporate vouchers (single destination) for corporate travelers with limited supervision with minimal mistakes
- Can submit for Diplomatic and Official passports for the client with minimal supervision with minimal mistakes
- Can submit for non-urgent visas for both the client and corporate with limited supervision with minimal mistakes
- Has taken E2 training
- Understand the structure of OFDA and DCHA
- Has the ability to communicate with the client and corporate travelers in a professional manner.
- Is able to work in a fast pace environment and meet tight deadlines
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: 1-4 years of office experience and relevant experience.
- Position requires the ability to work in high pressure situations occasionally exceeding normal business hours.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.