Background of this search:
The Information Technology Department (ITE) is the responsible for selecting, implementing, and maintaining all the platforms and solutions that support the operations of the Bank. Some of the most critical platforms of the Bank rely on Microsoft solutions such as email, document repository, collaboration and meetings platform, intranet portal, cloud services, security policies, and others.
Due to Microsoft’s fast growth in productivity and collaboration solutions there is an increased demand from clients to incorporate these tools into the Bank’s processes. To have sustainable growth, administrators need to expand support models, define strategies and governance, explore tools that help to monitor, administer, and complement Microsoft solutions.
The team’s mission:
In this context, the ITE department is looking for an innovative, committed, customer oriented and team player IT professional to support the lifecycle of the document management repository hosted in SharePoint Online; the web services that support integration with other systems, hosted in Azure cloud services; and other solutions than deeply interact with the official repository of the Bank.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a liaison between vendors, IDB technical teams and business users to facilitate implementation and projects execution
- Contribute with the design, development, implementation, and troubleshooting of changes to the Content Management Solution and related tools
- Work with the different support teams in monitoring and troubleshooting problems affecting the effective use of the solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with clients as needed regarding implementations, tools, and project deliverables.
- Organize and coordinate project related meetings, agendas, document meeting minutes, assisting with follow up actions
- Manage the life cycle of implementation of Change Requests in project activities across all project phases.
- Work on the definition of a sustainability and support model and processes to facilitate communication with clients and business partners
- Assist the area coordinator on day-to-day responsibilities of project work using both agile and traditional approaches
- Work on any ad-hoc activity that may be assigned by the coordinator
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant discipline Experience:
- Minimum 4 years work experience in the Information Technology field.
- Experience with SharePoint, Microsoft O365 products, and Cloud Solutions.
- Experience working with DevOps, Agile and Traditional project management
- Languages: Proficiency in written and oral English and Spanish is required
Core and Technical Competencies:
- Ability to solve problems, with strong investigative and research skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivation, dedication, and the ability to work in an international team across hierarchical levels are indispensable
- Proven ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment and in a context of dynamic change
- Type of contract: International Consultant Full Time CNS
- Length of Contract: 12 months
- Estimated Starting date: June 2022
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.
At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service. Additional Information
- External Opening Date: Apr 25, 2022
- External Closing Date: May 4, 2022
- External Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support